Friday, May 8, 2015

"Motherhood is a great honor and privilege, yet it is also synonymous with servanthood. Every day women are called upon to selflessly meet the needs of their families. Whether they are awake at night nursing a baby, spending their time and money on less-than-grateful teenagers, or preparing meals, moms continuously put others before themselves." ~ Charles Stanley

It may not be marked with an X to let you know your exact location, but, let me assure you this is the place to be get Friday started here on this May 8, 2015. This upcoming Sunday is the day set aside to honor our moms. It is a celebration that comes very naturally to me and my clan. I can surely identify with Dr. Stanley's comments in today's title for we have been surrounded by, served by, influenced by, blessed by, and changed for the better by the moms God has placed in our lives. The photo shows just four of the women that have blessed my life as examples of Godly motherhood. My Granny Mac and my mother-in-law have gone on to their reward but I am thankful to still have mom, my wife, and my daughters-in-law and one granddaughter mommy to honor on this occasion. There are others. My wife's grandmothers, my aunts, and the moms who taught me in the classes where I attended school. In addition, it would be impossible for me to name all the wonderful moms that have contributed to my life that were members of local assemblies where we attended. Can moms still follow God's plan for their calling? They most certainly can and I thank God for those who did just that in making a difference in my life. Happy Mother's Day. Amen.

It happened again the other day. They were doing something with the traffic signals to see just how irritated I could get. At 3:45 a.m., I am essentially on a deserted roadway minding my own business, doing my best to get from point A to point B. However, on that particular day every light changed. No crossover traffic. Nobody. Nowhere. But they still changed. They cycled. They made me stay in one spot even though I was the only one on the street. Right turn. Left turn. All the invisible cars could go but me. It added maybe a whopping 5 minutes to my commute. I'm not sure what it added to my blood pressure but I can assure you it didn't cause it to go down. I finally made it through the maze even though on the very last left turn I ended up having to make the turn against a red light. Here's my thinking. All these intersections have those little monitor cameras for traffic control. Someone at the control board recognized my little car. They called their buddy over and invited to watch while they have some fun. They told their associate to keep a close eye on the driver to see how long before the steam comes out of their ears. It could have happened that way. But here's the truth: I did get fidgety and a little frustrated, but, it also dawned on me that it was not a big enough problem to let it ruin my day. Looking at it like that made me feel better. A little. But, if you happen to see that traffic dude, be sure and let them know that I would like to have a word. Thank you very much.

The previous little tidbit was subjected to a fair amount of embellishment, however, the basis for the report is 100% accurate. You think what? Maybe I suffer from a little tinge of a persecution complex? I don't think so but I will not deny that the Coasters tune did come into my mind, "Why is everybody always picking on me?" I agree. I wouldn't want to be me either but my response, sadly, is summed up by this way overused euphemism, "It is what it is." You do know I'm just playing around. Maybe they wouldn't recognize me if I changed cars. Okay. Enough of that. It's been some week. I had such a great time with my mom last weekend but she ended up in the hospital this past Tuesday because of a virus. At 91 she is still a fighter and we are thankful that she should be able to go home today. I've also been very busy getting ready for our Mom's Day celebration. I have my mom and I've already given her a table plant and a homemade card. This weekend we are planning a get together and if all goes well all our moms will be there. My wife, my three daughters-in-law, and my granddaughter. Wow! That's a lot of moms to honor but we are so looking forward to the entire gang being together again! As they say back home, that surely is enough to say grace over. Until next time, happy mother's day to all you wonderful moms, and may God bless us all is my prayer. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: