Monday, May 4, 2015

"Quite frankly, Russian aggression in Ukraine and its illegal occupation of Crimea remind us that we still have a good deal more work to do to guarantee the strategic vision of a Europe whole, free and at peace." ~ Joe Biden

Good morning folks and welcome back for another run on this Monday, May 4, 2015. I so much enjoyed my quick visit over to see mom and dad. I cannot say much more except to express how blessed I feel. I know some of you are not on Twitter. I am. I follow some 40 different Twitter feeds. Some 98% of them are news feeds. I even have the English Pravda Twitter feed. That's the Russian political news source that is associated with the Communist Party of the Russian Federation. I know all countries spin news for their own purposes. I have pointed out the spin that goes on within our own government. But about the only news the Russian mouthpiece for their Emperor Putin can conjure up is anything they can think of that attempts to slander the United States and our way of life. Much of it is based on the most superficial of contexts and it would be laughable except for the fact that the Russian people are gobbling this stuff up which allows Putin to paint the West as the bad guy. We end up being the reason for all their problems and all their economic woes. Meanwhile, he comes off as the super hero good guy who is trying to stand up for Mother Russian. I'm not saying we don't have our own spin masters who busily try to report stuff to their advantage but I must tell you the comparison is comically different. Check it out some time. Google English Pravda and see what I am talking about. I had that on my mind and wanted to share it. As for the quote in today's title, my comment in response to our Vice President is: "You think?"

My drive over to my old home place in Louisiana this past Saturday was great. I could ride along with the windows cracked. That's what we used to say when we wanted some air. You know. BFAC. Before Air Conditioning. I was riding along listening to some Cajun bandstand music on a local Houston radio station. It is one of those stations that typically has people on it that are so far out in left field they aren't even in the stands, they are outside of the stadium. But, on Saturday mornings they play Cajun music. For some reason I enjoy the box accordion Louisiana Cajun sound. I was able to listen to it for maybe 45 minutes before the signal began to fade. One song in particular seemed appropriate. It was a lamentation of a homesick man as he wished he could go home. The name of the song was: 'Take Me Back to La Louisianne'. And, that was exactly what I was doing, going back home!

Best of all: Time well spent with mom and dad!
I also listened to quite a lot of satellite radio. The Mayweather Pacquiao fight dominated the sports channels. I found the coverage to be oh so hypocritical. Many of the major outlets had folks on debating whether they should even be covering it because of Floyd Mayweather's record of domestic abuse and other personal issues with him. Should we even be talking about this? As they continued wall to wall reporting on every minute detail. See what I mean? I also listened some to NASCAR. You never know what you might learn. Did you know that it takes 1250 gallons of diesel just to mow all the grounds associated with the Talladega Superspeedway? That's okay because I didn't know that either. It was also the Kentucky Derby race day. It was also the seventh game of the playoff series between the San Antonio Spurs and the LA Clippers. It was also the Astros opportunity to win their 9th game in a row. It was also the announcement of a baby princess born to Prince William and wife Kate. The BBC news was saturated with coverage of this little girl's arrival. I heard plenty about Baltimore and all the sad events unfolding in that city. Throw in some symphony, some bluegrass, and some southern gospel and I think I had enough to help make the trip fly by. Best of all, I got to spend the day with mom and dad, one more time. That was the best blessing of all! Take care and I will see you next time. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: