Friday, August 22, 2014

“Reflect upon your present blessings -- of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” ― Charles Dickens

Well I woke up this morning. Check. I was able to get up. Check. I had a desire to go about my business. Check. And, here I am, able to touch type my thoughts from me to you, here on this Friday, August 22, 2014. Check. I've been around long enough and I've seen enough to know that we should never take these 'little' things for granted. They, in and of themselves, are reason for us to be thankful. It truly is a 'Rise and shine and give God the glory' opportunity as we get on with the life He has so graciously provided to us. Sounds like I couldn't come up with a complaint of any kind if I worked at it. Right? Wrong! I'm more than certain I could make a list at the drop of the hat, but, I've found that our list of blessings is a better one to work from. Just say'in, as they say. Because when it comes down to it, as those who believe in the Lord, well, we really are fellow beggars who desire to share where we found bread with others. Don't get me wrong. I am just as prone to get down and out as the next person, however, I would rather not be stuck in that mode as a way of life. You know what I'm talking about. The 'woe is me' - somebody done me wrong way of living. If you see me headed that way, please feel free to do what you can to get me redirected onto the path of thankfulness. Thank you very much. And, never forget, I do need all the help I can get!

I listen to quite a bit of NPR radio news programming. Didn't I know that it has a decidedly left tilt to just about everything they do? I most certainly do, however, I actually am interested in hearing how they are attempting to shape issues that impact us all. The other day they must have done a poor job on their screening. They had invited three experts to discuss the current crises in Iraq, Afghanistan, and in the Middle East. The guests were all highly credentialed think tank people. I won't bore you with the details but essentially the conclusion of the entire panel laid the full responsibility for the mess we are in at the current administration's doorstep. The individual hosting the program was like a person thrown overboard gasping for someone to throw a lifeline of some redeemable value for the President and his team. She didn't get any, not even one, which knowing her own personal biased viewpoint means that her support staff will be in trouble for bringing together this particular group. And, I'm sure her listeners will let her have it for presenting viewpoints inconsistent with their liberal persuasion. Could I just say this about that? The points made were not political, they were reasoned based on actions taken and not taken with their resulting consequences. And, yes, I enjoyed seeing this typical apologist-in-chief get a little comeuppance for once. You know, we all need a dose of that every once in a while. Time well spent. At least, for me.

I know some may wonder how many tabs I have open at any given time using my brain browser. The short answer. Too many. In my case, it most likely would be better if I would do justice to one subject area as opposed to working on dozens at a time. But, my profile belongeth to me and you own the patent to yours. That's more or less how it works. I too have wondered at times what I could have accomplished had I focused my limited resources in one particular area of expertise. As it turns out I may be the fulfillment of that old saying, 'Jack of all trades but master of none'. Hey, I'm not complaining because I've been blessed to have somehow made it this far riding on this blurred and discombobulated kaleidoscope style of travel. Too much introspection and not enough substance? Okay. Back to substance. Have a great day. Have a great Saturday. Have a great Lord's Day Sunday. As for me, I will do my best, with God's help, to slip off the Tilt-A-Whirl long enough to catch back up with you next Monday. Take care and may God bless each one. Amen.  ....More later.

No comments: