Tuesday, August 26, 2014

“If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.” ― Tom Peters, Book: Thriving on Chaos

No. I do not have the 1-800 number where you can order your Hercule Poirot t-shirt. I'm sure you can Google it. It's Tuesday, August 26, 2014, and I'm up and going and ready to answer questions that no one has asked. Like the one about the t-shirt. I like to think of myself as someone who is willing to give credit where it is due. I was reading the postings on Facebook the other day of a young working guy and I thought some of his stuff was pretty clever. Here's a sampling:  ~ Guess what I saw at Walmart today that shocked me? A well dressed person. ~ When people send me game requests all day long, I would love to know how to send them a job application. ~ Some people are like clouds, when they go away, it's a beautiful day. ~ I don't know this young man but I like his style. He is a born again believer and unashamed. I don't know much about him. He actually commented on someone's posting that we do know and that's how I came to read some of his stuff. His postings have just a slight tinge of an edge to them. Maybe he will grow up to be a blogger. No. I didn't ask him to Friend me and no I didn't ask if he wore a Hercule Poirot t-shirt. You people just don't know when to leave well enough alone.

We typically break for a 30 minute lunch here at the workplace. Sometimes I feel like I just need to get away for a few minutes. I put in the ear buds, dial me up some escape noise on YouTube, close my eyes, and leave it all behind for what typically is a much shorter than 30 minute time out. What kind of noise? How about some hard rain on a tin roof? Back in 1968-69, the wife and I lived in a small rented country house that had a tin roof. It also had one of those long front porches. You could sleep inside with the rain coming down or sit out on the porch and enjoy the sight and the sound. I don't think listening to the rain actually takes you anywhere, it just takes you away for a spell, so to speak. Most of us, knowing what we know now, would have enjoyed more rain showers on the tin roof, way back then. Let me clue you in on something. It doesn't work that way. It might if we were who we are now, but if we could go back and be who we were then, well, we would still not be wired to enjoy it like we could today. None of that makes sense? Maybe I'm trying to practice the title of today's episode, living in a state of my own making, the state of confusion. I could even appoint myself governor. Maybe not. At any rate, it's time to turn the rain off anyway. Maybe next time.

Reading postings on Facebook from missionary efforts all over the world is encouraging. While reaching people here in our own land seems at times to be stagnated, it's good to see so many new folks from far flung places confessing Christ as their Lord and Savior. I fall for that click the translation button every time. Many times when I hit that button it takes a second or two and then puts up on the screen the exact wording that I couldn't read in the first place. I suppose I can still enjoy the photos of so many brothers and sisters with their big toothy grins. Speaking of a big smile, I got one the other day. We all love getting packages. I got me a big one the other day. The Fed-Ex guy was good enough to deliver it to me. I'm talking about the brand new container size for the Community Coffee Single Serve Cafe Special, Between Medium and Dark, now coming 48 to a carton. Just like Christmas. What about the bill? That will come later. But when they run that size at 20% off with free shipping, well, it is time to stock up. No. I do not subscribe to Hoarder's Magazine. Who ever heard tell? We are talking life sustaining joy juice here! Many of you that know me are aware of my tendency to exaggerate when it comes to Louisiana Community Coffee. I thought it best for me to set the record straight. Having checked my recollection of my postings, I feel compelled to report there's just not that much exaggeration to be found. No. They are not remodeling my office space to make room for my coffee stash. I just can't use that part of my desk anymore. Okay. Enough already. Have yourself a great day. Remember to thank God for it and for all He does for each of us, every single day! Amen.   .....More later.

No comments: