Tuesday, October 15, 2013

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ~Dr. Seuss

Today is launch day. We will be leaving shortly for a visit with my sister up in the Dallas area and then tomorrow we will be on our way to Branson. I do hope you and yours are well on this Tuesday, October 15, 2013. Yesterday morning, early, I was able to transport a dear fellow in our local fellowship for his antibiotic drip at the infectious disease treatment place. I was a little concerned about dealing with the power scooter he uses but it all worked out fine. One thing I have to say about sitting there for a while in the waiting room. There are some pitiful situations that people are dealing with, period. That place has one patient after another who are getting some type of fusion treatment. They are not well. It's an humbling place. If you think you have problems, it doesn't take long sitting there to make you very thankful indeed, as well as whispering a prayer for so many dealing with such debilitating challenges. It's not just walking in the other fellow's shoes, it's coming face to face with the plight and pain being experienced by so many. May God help them all is my prayer.

Life can be sobering at times but if we check the truths God gave to us, He didn't withhold the difficulties that are to be experienced in this fallen world. This doesn't mean we live as those who have no hope because we have the abiding presence of the living Lord of the universe living inside of us and His Spirit witnesses with our spirit that we are a child of God. Amen. (Romans 8:16) I did take a sneak peek at the Branson temps projected for this week. They are forecasting lows in the high thirties in the overnights and low to mid sixties during the day. Hallelujah! I can hardly wait to breathe again since I've been dealing with this weighty air for so long now. I told my mom that I was looking forward to opening the moon roof and taking in some of that cool air. She immediately wanted to know what I had in mind for the well being of my traveling companion. Easy answer. She should dress warmly and carry a quilt. Take care and remember to join me in remembering those folks who are less fortunate than ourselves. May God bless each one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: