Friday, October 11, 2013

A man and his wife were driving for the first time into a town in Florida spelled Kissimee. They noted the strange spelling and tried to figure how to pronounce it - KISS-a-me; kis-A-me; kis-a-ME. They grew more perplexed as they drove into the town. Since they were hungry, they pulled into a place to get something to eat. At the counter, the man said to the order taker: "My wife and I can't seem to be able to figure out how to pronounce this place. Will you tell me where we are and say it very slowly so that I can understand." The puzzled worker looked at him and said: "Buuurrrgerrr Kiiiinnnng."

Today is a Lord willing day. They really all are. But, on this Friday, October 11, 2013, it's my last day sitting here at my blog busting keyboard, at least for the next 11 days. Lord willing. The wife and I are so looking forward to a few days away from the hustle and bustle that typically defines our daily sojourn. Or at the least we are anticipating a change from one set of backgrounds and props to another set entirely. A change in perspective, if you will. We currently operate where the objects not only appear to be larger, they actually are! Just joking. I thought a little side view mirror humor might be a good fit here. Our plan is to actually leave the building, so to speak, early next Tuesday morning. We anticipate being back in our place late Saturday evening. We will have my wife's trusty little laptop with us so I plan to communicate on some days while we are away. If you don't end up seeing my blog one day, you can count it as a day off for you too, or something like that.

I know the title is a little long today but I thought it fit our travel motif so I went with it. Maybe you guys can get the government going again while I am away. They are 17% shutdown which means the other 83% is still costing trillions of dollars. I know some things can be made to be more than they are, however, this administration's desire to make the 17% as painful as possible really gets me riled. They went to extraordinary means to block our aging WW2 veterans from accessing the memorial dedicated to their service, while at the same time they approved a waiver for illegals to have a rally on the Washington Mall in support of immigration reform. Have we really come to this in our country? That just burns me up folks. Some high placed administration official has stated that since the President is winning in the polls on this one, they really don't care how long it stays shut down. Games. Being played on the backs of those who risked and so many gave their lives that we might have the freedoms we hold dear. Pathetic if you ask me. Pathetic indeed!

I've calmed down enough to finish. I think. I do wish for you and yours a most wonderful Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday. We try to make the first day of the week special in our home. It is, after all, the first day, and what we do on that day more or less sets the tone for the rest of the week. That's why I always recommend to everyone that if they are able, that they find them a place to gather where God's people come together to worship and share His truth. To be honest, I can't think of a better way to start the week. Enjoy and may God's blessings be seen as we all continue our journey here. Amen.    .....More later.

No comments: