Wednesday, October 9, 2013

"Josh: What does Jack Frost like best about school? John: What? Josh: Snow and tell." Submitted to Boy's Life Magazine by Josh of Lafayette, Indiana

Hello and welcome. It's Wednesday, October 9, 2013, and I send out a warm greeting to one and all. That might be because I just happen to be sitting here at the old keyboard with the door wide open, it's 50 ºF, I'm sipping some hot black Community, and I have one of those internet radio stations playing Christmas classics. No. It doesn't make me want to go shopping. But, it is good for a change of pace. Seeing many of our guys wrapped up like they were in a blizzard yesterday reminded me of my grandfather's approach to cooler weather. If we were out and about in the elements and he noticed I was fidgeting around because of the cold, he would always ask, "Son, what are you going to do when it really get's cold?" Seeing folks already wearing hoodies actually made me want to ask them that very same question. This particular station is playing a lot of different artists singing "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas." In my three score and seven, I can't remember ever experiencing a white Christmas but I do know that we had a few where it was cold enough to freeze water pipes. I guess that was close enough for government work because we always loved that song anyway.

I've switched now to Celtic Christmas tunes. While there are dozens of these types of music offerings available out on the web, I particularly like this one. You can connect up to their many different styles of Christmas music at this location: 
http://www.accuradio.com/#!/home/accuholidays/
If it's not clickable, just type it in your search engine, your address line, or copy and paste it. I think they have some 35 Christmas channels including one that plays the music from the classic kid's TV programming. Now that should bring back some memories. The Celtic style renders many of the Christmas songs with instruments that invoke mood and emotion. The one playing right now is Silent Night by Celtic Thunder. It doesn't get much better than that folks.

I suppose that should be enough of someone trying to write about what they are listening to. If there ever was one where you needed to be there, I suppose that is it. However, the Christmas spirit is appealing because of its connection to the Christ Child born in Bethlehem who came to seek and to save that which was lost. I'm sure glad He came and as the old song puts it, 'When He said whosoever, He included me.' That sentiment is very good news which is what is implied in the meaning of the word Gospel. Good news to one and all in terms of its calling, but it is only when an individual accepts and makes the truth a reality in their own life that a person can experience its true application. I just switched to a kids channel and Justin Bieber is singing a song called 'Mistletoe'. No thank you. I'm now on the Old Fashioned Christmas Channel and the Carpenters are singing their version of, 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.' That I can handle. With that I hope that you will have yourself a merry little rest of the day. Until next time may God bless each one. Amen.   .....More later.

No comments: