Friday, October 4, 2013

Happy Birthday to our eldest, Chris!

Come on in and let's take a few minutes before we get too busy to visit. It is Friday, October 4, 2013, and it is good to have you drop by today. We are pretty excited about our weekend. Tomorrow, the 5th, we will be celebrating the 48th anniversary of our eldest son's birthday. We thank God for Chris and his years of serving the Lord and taking care of his family. He's always been a resourceful individual who could do just about anything he set his mind to. He's been a Bible teacher and leader in his Church for many years and a good husband, dad, and grandfather. He also takes the time to see about his parents. That would include yours truly and that is a special blessing to us. Happy Birthday son and may God continue to lead, guide, and direct your way. Love, mom and dad.

It has been a rather activity-rich week for me and I'm sure that's true for most everyone. We do know how to fill up our schedules, don't we? I scanned a blog the other day where people contributed their thoughts about how you can know when you are just too busy. ~ You have to take a day of vacation just to mow your yard. ~ You feel stressed out but you can't take the time to figure out why. ~ You constantly feel guilty about not getting things done even while you are working on things that do need to get done. ~ You put fast food on a real plate and call it a home cooked meal. ~ You dream about how nice it might be to be sick for a day or two just to get some rest. ~ Worst of all, you end up writing a blog about being too busy. I threw that last one in there as my contribution. There's hundreds of articles and insights available that emphasize the need for priorities in life, and especially our time spent with God. I currently teach three Bible classes each week and I can tell you there is a difference in studying for a lesson as contrasted with time spent in communion and fellowship with our heavenly Father. My experience says this: Bottom line, make time for that last one each day and the rest of the stuff will be easier to deal with.

Supposedly, we will be needing a long sleeve shirt next time we show up for our sharing time this coming Monday. The weather folks are predicting some mid 50's for overnight lows but as we all know by now, we'll just wait to see about that. It reminds me of that time the wife and I drove up to Colorado just to get a breath of fresh air. We got a room at a cheap motel and the next morning it was in the high 30's. It was in October and we left the Houston area where we had 90's and the air was so saturated and muggy, it really was hard to breathe. Before dawn's light I drug me a chair outside the door of that motel room and sat out there with a cup of coffee sucking up as much of that cool as I could. I remember it well. Maybe next week we will have a down payment on that as a coming attraction. What? Can't one dream? I'll tell you this, if you don't have time to dream about some cooler air and a hot cup of Community, well, you are, my friend, way too busy! Until next time, y'all take care now and may God bless each one. Amen.    ....More later.

No comments: