Friday, October 25, 2013

“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time.” ― Leonard Bernstein

Episode #62, 2007            Episode #1642, 2013
I bid you welcome on this Friday, October 25, 2013, as today marks episode number 1642 of my daily visits emanating live and in person from here at the ole blogger ranch. I thought 1642 might have some significance but maybe I was thinking about 1492 when Columbus sailed the ocean blue. At any rate, that's a lot of thrashing here and there on the keyboard and I do thank you for tuning in each day. I do believe that being away last week did me some good. Sometimes we live very wound-up lives and until we change our environment, we don't recognize just how tightly strung we can become. I'm not one that believes in a stress free life. We need stress. That's right. Schedules. Deadlines. Challenges. Goals. Problems to solve. These keep us focused and hopefully help us to see productive outcomes achieved. I'm glad I was able to take a short break from some of these stresses, including the good ones. If nothing else, just to recharge my batteries. I'll think about thinking about doing something like that again, or at least I will add it to my list of future considerations.

Thanks for asking if I have been enjoying the cool temps around these parts. Oh, that wasn't you. I thought I heard a voice. But, it has been nice and it has really been good to arrive home in the evenings and not see our home A/C unit laying on its side with its tongue hanging out. We didn't actually see any 30's in Branson until the morning we left. It got close. Low 40's for lows each day and mid 60's for highs. Wonderful. But, as we drove out of sight, so to speak, I noticed the little monitor inside the car indicated we had us a 39 degree reading. Rather than play the Hallelujah chorus, I decided, with permission of course, to open the moon roof and enjoy the breeze. She wrapped up in the blanket brought for that occasion and we went merrily on our way, with permission of course. Just joking. She didn't mind it at all. The blue lips actually looked pretty good on her.

Nice. In his recliner.

Please don't send me any comments about the before and after photos I used at the top of today's blog. I've never denied being a high mileage vehicle. You know, built more for speed than comfort. And, know that the 2007 edition was prior to my Jolly Old Elf  phase. Plus, you do know I have a condition. But don't get all smug on me because last time I checked, we all do! Yet, all in all, it has been a good work week for me. Let me put it this way. I have had no trouble falling asleep at bedtime. And, as my wife will testify, I've had no trouble doing the same in the recliner before bedtime, although I typically plead guilty to only resting my eyes. She seems to think the locomotive sound effects indicates more than eye resting. We do try to keep it interesting around our place. I think I've done enough for the week and leave you with a desire for God's blessings on us all, for the 1642nd time. See you next Monday, Lord willing. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: