Friday, July 19, 2013

“Reflect upon your present blessings -- of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” ~ Charles Dickens, Author

Time to do the Friday end zone victory dance. Why? We made it! It's been somewhat of a challenging week for me but here we are with another five days logged and counting and I am looking forward to the upcoming Saturday and Sunday to catch my breath and get ready for another run when Monday comes knocking on my door. I've said all that to say this: Howdy and welcome on this July 19, 2013. I am well aware that I still have to finish out the work week and I am already at work on that one. I would like to thank all of those who have inquired and shown concern about my brief illness. It's good to know that people care and I am blessed to have so many that do. Me not being in my place is a big deal and it's good to know that people not only notice but they immediately began to pray and seek God on my behalf. I have been so very blessed with good health over all these years and being bed ridden for a couple of days made me very much aware that it being such a rare occasion is just that, a huge blessing, and one that I continue to thank God for. Thanks again for the prayers and expressions of concern.

I know this has been an emotionally charged week for our nation. The trial in Florida did not turn out the way many people wanted it to. Many were upset enough to protest the verdict. Some chose to become criminal by attacking innocent people and committing other offenses. Our trial by jury system is not perfect but it is the one that serves us in our land. I've been on a jury more than once. Most trials are decided based on the law applied to the specific allegation being tried. Based on numerous expert opinions, this verdict was consistent with the evidence or lack thereof that was presented. That's how it works. In our country we have the presumption of innocence and we have facts that must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. We also have advocacy groups and individuals who prosper based on fanning the flames of controversy that suits their particular cause or interest. This can be dangerous because sometimes those being stirred do not stop at protesting, they go on to injure others and destroy property. I believe the case itself was sad in that a young man lost his life. However, the facts were presented and argued before a jury chosen and agreed upon by both sides. That jury reached a verdict based on their understanding of the law. I believe it's okay to be unhappy with the outcome and even to protest it peacefully as a right, however, I also believe all should at the same time accept and embrace the process that produced that outcome. To do otherwise is to invite unrest and the potential for anarchy. That's my thoughts on the matter.

I started out the week on a very weebly wobbly basis. I end the work week mostly back on track or close enough to call it that way. Someone asked me if I was 100% again. That got me to thinking. I'm not sure I was 100% before I became ill. I'm not sure I even know what 100% means. However, I will again express my thankfulness for being as functional as I am. And, the Community Coffee continues to do its thing. And, I have been able to rejoin my normal schedule in progress which means I am back on my daily 11 hour plus routine here at the workplace. In addition to that I must set forth our thankful hearts for the wonderful rain we have received throughout this week. It hasn't been enough to end the drought but it came at a most needful time and we are so very thankful for it. In fact, we had a good shower at least on three different days this week. Not bad. Not bad at all. That should just about do it for me for this week. Have yourself a wonderful Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday, and I will look forward to seeing you again, real soon! Amen.    ....More later.

No comments: