Friday, January 11, 2013

I may not remember the question but I do know that a cup of hot, black, and strong Community is always a reasonable place to start with the answer.

Thank God for the rain this week. Our area continues to be high on the list for potential drought. That's not a good position to be in coming out of our winter months and this recent rainfall certainly helped. I know it is different strokes for different folks but when I hear these fellows on the radio, sports guys, complaining because their little lives are interfered with ever so slightly by the rain, it makes me want to smack them right up side their head. I'm never glad to see anyone flooded but there has been very little of that, and most of our area received what I would call a wonderfully refreshing and nourishing rain. But, it is Friday, January 11, 2013 and I'm glad to be here slapping around the keys on the keyboard. I did notice that I had written the wrong date on one of my blogs the other day when I used 2012 instead of 2013. It's no longer the problem it used to be when we all wrote out our checks by hand. In fact, I'm not sure anyone does much writing by hand anymore. We now depend almost totally on electronically encoded plastic cards to support our day by day living. I occasionally do need to write a paper check, I find myself trying to remember exactly how to do it. Fill in the blanks and all that stuff. Old people. You have to love us because we are like having our own private amusement park.

I was reading through some resolutions for this brand new year and a few of them stood out. Here's what one lady said: "Dear God, help me to have a fat bank account and thin body this year, and please, don't confuse the two like You did last year." Another person wished their fellow resolution makers well in this way: "May all your troubles last only as long as your resolutions." This one is a little long but it has some pretty good thinking behind it: "This upcoming year I plan to speak up more, listen and pay attention wisely. Embrace my haters, make friends with my enemies, and don't let any nonsense or drama take over me. I learned that you can't avoid drama and some people will dislike you for no reason and if I let that bother me they'll always win." Finally, this lady is certainly on the right track in her desire for the new year: "I want to be on fire for the Lord more than I have ever been! I want to pray more, read my Bible more, and praise Him more! I am going to stay committed to Him and the Devil is not, wait not isn't the right word, how about NEVER going to win! I cant wait to see it." That would be a good one for you, me, and every other person who wants to accomplish something meaningful this year. Amen

Well, well, we have proceeded to finish an entire week's worth of daily episodes for this long running series entitled The View From Here. Number 1440 is now officially signed, sealed, and delivered. It has been another busy week with much routine peppered with some of the unexpected. That is how life unfolds and we learn that we can never really know exactly what to expect but this doesn't mean there are things we cannot lean on and be assured of even when we are caught off guard. Knowing God is the only way I know that anyone can have true confidence while living in a very changing and uncertain world. Knowing God is our foundation and knowing His truth as provided to us in His Word is where we find consolation, comfort, and confidence as we deal with each day. Or, that's what I have discovered in my 66 plus years of hanging out on the planet. I do hope that you will have a wonderful Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday. And, I will do my best, with God's help, to see you next time where we will no doubt continue this ever changing dialogue. Until then, may God bless each one. Amen.         .....More later.

No comments: