Thursday, January 3, 2013

Cancel that call to the authorities. I'm still here.

Hello and welcome. Today is Thursday, January 3, 2013. Sorry about missing our connection. I've heard that some folks had trouble getting up. That was not my problem. I was sitting at my desk ready to go at 4 a.m. sharp. However, the internet connection which had been laying dormant for a couple of weeks, well, he decided to sleep in, rendering it impossible for me to respond in my normal manner. But, one way or another, we are off and running. I read some pretty strong commitment statements and/or resolutions out on Facebook. I suppose many are ready to turn over a new leaf on doing better at any number of things. I saw a photo of this huge exercise apparatus along with a corresponding prediction on a planned make over that was in the works. Another fellow sent a comment stating that he would be more than willing to purchase that big new machine after a couple of months, that is, at a huge discount, of course. Ouch. That's the kind of reality check and backhanded encouragement we all need. Right?

My sweet wife did get us off to a great start. She fixed one of those home cooked marvels for our January 1st kickoff. My guess is that if she did that every day, I would soon blow the gasket clean off the blood pressure machine and my fingers would be way too thick to do the pricking needed for a diabetic test. But, she does not intend to do that every day, but my oh my, it's a blessing to know that these types of meals still exist and that I am privileged to live in a house where it can still be done! But, that will be just about enough of me bragging about that for the moment. We did eat some pretty good meals on our little get away last weekend but I told her they can call it cuisine and give it all the stars they want but compared to that old fashioned Granny Mac special, they might as well throw in the towel, along with their apron and the horse they rode in on. Or something like that.

I will share this with you. When I went to bed Tuesday evening I wondered if my automatic internal wake up call system would work. Especially after not using it as much for a few days. I'm glad to report that it answered the call to duty and shook me awake just before 3 a.m. Now that's what I am talking about. As far as what the shenanigans going on in Washington, D.C. really mean, well, all I know is that each and every person who is a tax paying citizen, will, either now, later, or in between end up paying for it all along with having to endure a continuing test of our gag reflux for good measure. What's that you say? You didn't hear that analysis on CNN? And, that my friend is another reason you need to stay tuned to my little voice trying to help to make sense out of it all. Or maybe not. Now. Just go out there and have yourself a blessed day and Lord willing if the internet wakes up next time, I'll catch up with you then. May God bless. Amen.     .....More later.

No comments: