Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"Excellence encourages one about life generally; it shows the spiritual wealth of the world." T. S. Elliot

You have to love that little smirk!
Hello Wednesday. It's January 9, 2012 and we are thinking about the birthday of our little power packed power ranger of perpetual motion, Brady Darrell. He is a seven year old today. This is the youngest of our youngest Rodney and his wife Mitzi. We were able to share supper in their home last Sunday evening where we carried Brady his gift and had a wonderful time with him and the family. Here's the story on Brady. Those who knew his dad when he was a young boy say Brady is his daddy's clone. Those who knew his dad when his dad was a teenager say Brady is his daddy's clone. Those who have only known his dad as an adult say Brady is his daddy's clone. That's a joke but it does mean they have their hands full and there's never a dull moment. We look at him and wonder what all that God will do in his life as he grows and develops. Happy 7th Birthday Brady. Love, MiMi and Poppy.

I know I share a lot of birthdays and other special family recognitions. It more or less comes with the territory and since this is my personal blog, there you go. Those many events to share reflect blessings that come with me having made it to the age I have attained. I think I have the growing older down pretty well. It's the gracefully feature you hear so much about that I may have left out of my recipe. To be honest, I don't have a clue what that even means, but it sounds like, whatever it is, it would be like me to not include it in the mix. Here's what I do when I discover I don't know something. I look it up. To age gracefully means a whole lot of different things to a whole lot of different people. I'm glad I found that out. This means since there is not a single definition, then perhaps I haven't left it out at all, and maybe, just maybe, you are getting the full measure of my version of aging gracefully, but, since I don't know exactly what it is, we will just leave it at that. And, you can quote me on this and add my non explanation to all the others.

Turning a liability into an asset is a great way of accomplishing things in life. I love the quotes from Yogi Berra. They are for the most part mangled misstatements but very funny at the same time. There are hundreds of them, perhaps, one of his most famous being, "It ain't over till it's over." He had a funny way of saying things along with being a hall of fame baseball player with the New York Yankees. Here's what the famous Yankee manager Casey Stengel once said about Yogi, "They say he's funny. Well, he has a lovely wife and family, a beautiful home, money in the bank, and he plays golf with millionaires. What's funny about that?" That should be encouraging. If only I could figure out which one of my many liabilities that could be turned into something wonderful. I'll think about it while I consider this one from Yogi, "Why buy good luggage when you only use it to travel?" Have yourself a blessed day and may God bless each one until we meet again. Amen.     .....More later.

No comments: