Tuesday, July 31, 2012

There's a lot of static on the line and I can't hear myself that well this morning.

Sometimes even the Community has trouble helping to fire up those connection thingies that cause my brain to operate at a capacity level required to get these characters sprayed onto the electronic page. You know: Slow as pure cane syrup left out on the porch on an ice cold morning. This is Tuesday, the 31st and last day of July, in this fast moving year, 2012. Maybe I need to figure out a way to mark my brain left and right so I know which side to use. I often give that advice when someone can't seem to get things going in the right direction: "Didn't you mark your hands this morning, left and right?" It's funnier when it's them instead of me. Thanks to those who asked if I was okay last week. I know my writing seemed to be a little on the down side and I had a slightly abbreviated blog last Friday. Some noticed and wanted to make sure I was okay. They had no doubt remembered once again what my grandfather always said, "Is that boy ever going to stop talking long enough to come up for some air?" It is a good thing that other people care enough. I know most of us like to think we can go it alone but let me give you a little insight. That's not how God wants us to operate and when we do it that way it can get pretty lonely. But, at the moment, I am pretty much all alone, it's just me and my thoughts, and they are not being very good company this morning.

I've watched some of the Olympics off and on. Someone mentioned to me their favorite part was the medal ceremony at the end of each final event. I sure hope they enjoy hearing the national anthem for China because they are off and running in the gold medal category. Again. That also happened in 2008. The US had the most medals with 110 but China was second with 100 but they won 51 gold medals to our 36. I must tell you that I have some trouble hearing commentators talk about someone being past their prime at age 29. That really makes me feel young. The tape delay deal with national coverage is a little off putting as well. Those of us who use computers all day will hear about winners as they are scrolled and flashed across the page all day long. When we get home we tune in to see the actual event but we already know the outcome. That might not be bothersome to some but it is a huge let down for me. Some folks say you need to blot out any information about the games so that you can still see it again for the first time. Because of all the competing networks and the internet, that's much harder to do today than it was just a few years ago. But, it's still good to see our flag raised on the podium as our national pride swells within us and gets exercised a little. I think we all could use more of that kind of exercise. What say you?

I did get a few of those gray cells to cooperate but to tell you the truth, I wouldn't want to compete on Jeopardy today. In fact, I feel like I am trapped in some of those he's so dumb jokes. He's so dumb he's about as sharp as a marble. ~ He's a few peas short of a casserole. ~ He's missing a few sunflower seeds from his trail mix. ~ His receiver is off the hook. ~ He has a photographic memory, but no film. ~ The gates are down and the lights are flashing, but the train isn't coming. ~ He took an IQ test and the results were negative. ~ He's not the fastest hamster on the wheel. ~ He's depriving a village somewhere of an idiot. ~ He donated his brain to science before he was done with it. I think you get the gist of what I am trying to convey, therefore, I won't punish you anymore. In fact, I think it was time to say goodbye some time ago but like that Energizer bunny, I had to keep on trying. My advice is that we all go out there today and do our best with God's help to accomplish something, and in so doing, that we would seek to please Him in the doing of it. Amen.    ....More later.

No comments: