Tuesday, February 28, 2012

President Obama: "Democracy demands that the religiously motivated translate their concerns into universal, rather than religion-specific values."

It is Tuesday, February 28, 2012. I have been relatively quiet for some time now. But there are times when the radiator of my heart and mind has passed the boiling point and an overflow is imminent. Today is that day. I have no problem with steps being taken to assure the Muslim people that the improper burning of the book they hold to be sacred will not happen again. In my opinion, I think the endless array of apologies are way over the top. Here's my problem: In stark contrast to this super sensitivity to those who follow Islam, it literally blows my mind how this current administration and its minions have pursued an ongoing, relentless assault on any and all things held as sacred by those of us who embrace the Christian faith. They do so without reservation or restraint. They do so without respect for people who do, after all, represent the majority in this country. At the same time they are bent on recognizing and showing deference to any and all cults, pagan beliefs, and other forms of radical anti-Christian groups. I wake up some days and wonder how this can go on in our nation, one nation, under God. I have done my best to stay away from impugning the motives of our President but when this battle against the tenants of our faith continues unabated day after day, legislation after legislation, agency order after agency order, it becomes very difficult to think anything other than this to be an intentional war. It appears to be a coordinated effort, in our schools, in our jobs, and everywhere we have to transact our affairs. Honestly, it makes me sick to my stomach and we had all better wake up if we are to retain the religious freedoms upon which the blood of our forefathers was shed. Seeing this at work makes for a sad day that we are living in my friend, a sad day indeed.

One Republican candidate is under attack for a speech he made to a Christian organization back in 2008. In that speech he declared that America is under attack by Satan. They want to somehow associate his remarks with some type of mystical madness. In reality, based on what we are seeing, any Bible believing person could easily conclude that our enemy, the devil, Satan himself, is always on the prowl seeking to destroy any and all things that reflect or represent God and His truth. Therefore, I think it perfectly reasonable to look at this atheistic assault being waged under the banner of secularism to be aided and abetted by the enemy of all that is holy, righteous, and good. Don't get me wrong. Often, we in the community of faith are our own worst enemy in how we present the truths we hold dear. We have to always remember that speaking is one thing but speaking the truth in love is what we are called to do. However, we are not to stand idly by and see the very foundations of all that is good washed away in an avalanche of social engineering. It is true that we have God on our side. It is true that He will never leave us and He will never forsake us. It is also true that He will allow us to experience the crops that we have planted over the years. Harvest time in America has an ominous feature to it and all who love the Lord their God need to cry out to Him for His help and intervention. I'm reminded of the Prophet Malachi's probing and indicting questions to God's people. On behalf of God, he asked why they had turned their back on Him, why they had profaned His worship, and why they no longer walked in His ways. Their response: You talking to us? Us? How have we done these things? They were in denial and we can be too as we end up sleepwalking our way through history. Read about it the short book of Malachi, in the Old Testament, and may God help us all is my prayer.

Okay. I know you are thinking that I've been rather subtle in my thoughts and it is hard for you to know exactly what I think about all of this. That's not what you are thinking? Good. Now, it is my responsibility to echo the words of our Savior, who at 12 years of age, told his worried parents, "I must be about my Father's business." That's what I need to be about and that's what all of God's children need to be about, His work, His will, and His purpose. I am the first to realize how easy it is to say 'they' and to point my finger. Yet, the old song is still true: "It's me, it's me, it's me oh Lord, standing in the need of prayer." It's not when everyone else gets their act together, it's each of us, coming to realize that we must act, we must live, and we must reflect the truths that we say are near and dear to us. I've got plenty of work and it is right where I live, think, work, and operate my life. There's power in a collective testimony of not only standing up for what we believe in, but caring enough about our beliefs, that we actually do our best, with God's help, to make them the story of our life. That's a tall order. It's not for the fainthearted. We can only do it with the power of the living Lord of the universe living in and through us. Okay. Now that I've emptied both barrels, it's time to wish you a wonderful Tuesday and say farewell for now, that is, until we meet again. May God bless each one! Amen.    ....More later

No comments: