Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Yes, Virginia, I am still here.

Good Wednesday morning. I bring you greetings on this beautiful December 28th day in the year of our Lord, 2010. We made our little trek over to Hornbeck, Louisiana yesterday and spent the day with mom and dad. What a day it was. We had a most wonderful time. I had made them a barbecue meal and had it in the trunk of the car, as a surprise. I had told mom not to worry about lunch because I had it covered. She had trouble sleeping Monday night trying to think through all the possibilities. I tried to think of everything. Potato salad, lettuce and tomato salad, hot rolls, beans, and of course, the barbecue, along with a coconut pie and some Mississippi Mud Cake. They were very surprised and it was, thankfully, very edible or as my sweet, sweet mother in law used to say, eatable. The photos show dad doing his regular thing, making us a wonderful breakfast, then we have my beautiful wife visiting with mom, next my beautiful mom, (notice the little card behind her left shoulder, it's her son, the Santa), and then finally, dad and I getting ready for our barbecue luncheon.

We got back home around 6:30 p.m., and yes, it was a tiring trip but one we will not soon forget. We had ourselves one great time and thank God for our mom and dad. Have yourself a wonderful Wednesday and may our Great God add His blessings to it. Amen.     .....More later.

No comments: