Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 - Transitions

Rest in peace brother.
It is Friday, December 30, 2011, and it is the last time this year I will be greeting you via this blogging utility. It has been a remarkable year with many transitions here, there, and seemingly everywhere. We did our best to serve and support our brother, Donald, as he ended his sojourn here on the planet. It was a difficult time for many but mostly our mom who had to say farewell to another of her kiddos. Donald had his own set of issues in life but he was a hero to our family for his years of service to our country as a United States Marine. Any time we lose a loved one it tends to overshadow the rest of our year. It also makes us aware that none of us are immune from the fall and that someday we all will take our final breath and then go on to our reward. That is, unless the Lord shall descend from on high and catch us up to be with Him in the air. That would be perfectly fine with me but according to the Apostle Peter, He hasn't done that yet because His desire is for men, women, boys, and girls to come to know His One and Only Son. Yes, our hope is in our future eternal home but we know that He knows best as to when that Day will come. Amen.

I suppose the other notable transition was my joining the Medicare Movement. You might recall how I thought I was really a little young to be getting all of that in place. Well, guess what? Some days it seems that I feel like I'm very much in that age group. Way too much, if you ask me. But, I am now a card carrying elder medical care consumer and news items that I never cared for before now catch my attention. We also had our fair share of family challenges with our large entourage but we thank God that as we come to the end of 2011 we are still, for the most part, up and going. That's how I used to hear it. If you can put both feet on the floor each morning and get up and go, well, you are blessed, period, end of story. As a dear old brother used to say, "If I kicked, I ought to be!" Yes, my friend, we are blessed. Blessed to know the Lord. Blessed to be able to have His calling upon our lives. Blessed to be a part of His family and to share with others in our local fellowship. Oh yeah, I could bend your ear with a long list of things I wished would have gone better, but, in the end, we give God the glory for His provisions in 2011, and we seek Him and His help in the coming New Year. May God bless each of you and thanks so much for tuning in each day. Amen.           .....More later.

No comments: