Friday, December 23, 2011

What is the favorite carol of prison gaurds? Guard arrest these merry Gentlemen!

It is Friday, December 23, 2011, and best I could tell, about the only things stirring on my way in was a varmint here or there. Since we will be shutting down next week until after the first of the year, my personal coffee maker here at work is very much looking forward to a well deserved rest. The one I use at home, it's not so much looking forward to working overtime over the next several days. It has been on its last legs for sometime now but it still makes great coffee, therefore, I believe it should be allowed to live out the rest of its days allowing the wonderful nectar of Community to flow through its veins, so to speak, of course. If I'm not mistaken it may have been trying to send out some distress signals to the EPA, but that's probably just my imagination. I do know that just as it finishes brewing it goes into overdrive doing what sounds almost like a rap, spitting, sputtering and generally making its own style of music. I hope it didn't catch any of E. T. when the kids were watching it because it just might think about trying to go home. But enough of that silliness and I do recognize it for what it is. Maybe the Christmas Eggnog was a little too strong this year. Joking only. I've not had any Eggnog or any other intoxicants, that is unless one can become intoxicated by the anticipation of having all the kiddos home for Christmas this coming Sunday. (Lord willing, of course.) That is something we are so looking forward to.

Some of you, and you do know who you are, have been with me for the duration of this blogging adventure. It has covered four and one half years and, Lord willing, after the first of the year, it will soon number 1200 days worth. This makes the 5th time I have been able to send out a Christmas prayer to one and all using this electronic connection.These blogs do reflect at least the cracking of a window revealing some insight into where I live, work, and a view of my world, through my eyes, The View From Here, and it, at times, has been excruciatingly personal, while at others it has been frivolous and lighthearted.  One thing I will readily admit is that for the most part is has been always consistently inconsistent. But, it has been wonderful to share with you all and to bring forth those things that swirl around in the recesses of my mind. And, all of you must know by now that I was a great fan of recess. Joking only. Christmas. It is, as the song says, the most wonderful time of the year, and we are privileged to know the truth about the Savior whose coming into the world is celebrated as the Reason for the Season.

I do pray that you and yours will keep Him in mind as you enjoy time with loved ones. Many people like to use His coming into the world to promote their own ideas. World peace. Universal love. Charitable causes. These are all well and good but let us never forget that God brought forth His Son to redeem fallen humanity. Therefore, we can be sure that the greatest gift is not found in pursuing causes but in finding the Christ. At this time of year the most well known verse in the New Testament says it all, John 3:16: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life". The chorus from a song comes to mind: "Knowing You, Jesus, knowing You - There is no greater thing. You're my all, You're the best, You're my joy, my righteousness, And I love You Lord." My prayer is that we all can embrace that Bible verse as the reality of our life and sing that song in response to the Gift that God has given to us. Have a wonderful Christmas and may God bless each and everyone! Amen.       ....More later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog