Thursday, December 29, 2011

"If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that."

Hard to believe that I have been off since last Friday and if I have calculated it correctly, I find myself already at Thursday, December 29, 2011. Time flies when you are obsessed over time flying. I have enjoyed every day and even though I have been busy it has been a blessing to be off. My routine has been changed and that's always a good thing to force some adjustments and see each day from a little different perspective. I am thinking about the new year of 2012 that is just around the bend. We have some plans in the making that will have a huge impact on our lives. I will share more about these in the future. The main thing I wanted to mention is how that while it is okay to make plans, they must always be bathed in prayer with a recognition that all outcomes are in the hands of Almighty God. Being presumptuous about what we will or will not do, well, that flies in the face of truth. James, likely the earthly half brother of Jesus the Christ, wrote his letter and in it he addressed this very point. Chapter 4: Verses 13-16,  "Come now, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit'; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.  Instead you ought to say, 'If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.' But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.'"

This reminds us that while making plans is a good thing, we must always include the basis or foundation of all that we do or think as being provided to us as God wills. That's not a cop out, that's an opt in to the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Amen.             ....More later.

No comments: