Monday, December 12, 2011

What does a reindeer do when he has an upset stomach? That's easy. Of course they take an elk-a-seltzer!

It is Monday, December 12, 2011, and I bid you welcome. If you are not ready to hear a little venting, then you might want to skip this opening paragraph. Here goes. Last week the administration sucked up about as much gall as they could and began to pursue the matter involving the murders of innocent soldiers at Fort Hood. How did they refer to this heinous act? As an incident of workplace violence. Here we have a radicalized Islamist who essentially declared Jihad on our military but yet the political correct idiots in our own government refuse to call it what it is. How can murder in the name of Islam be referred to as workplace violence? The same thing happened last year when the two soldiers were mowed down in front of a recruiting office in Little Rock. The shooter readily admitted: "This was a jihadi attack." How did our government refer to this shooting? As a drive by shooting incident. The mainstream press not only supports this miscarriage but they even take it to new levels. The left bastion of reporting, The NY Times, reported that the shooter in Arkansas was upset over the Iraq and Afghanistan wars as if he was maybe a war protester or something. The shooter himself said his actions were justified under the rules of Jihad. Why do they do this type of shoddy and insulting presentation of what they know is not even close to the truth? Out of fear that they might offend the folks in the Islamic community. They certainly have no such fears about castigating people of faith or those who promote traditional family values. I once again remind us all of the Scripture: "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" (Isaiah 5:20)

Our first appearance together at the Cocoa and Cookies with
 the Clauses, in early November.
Thanks. I needed to get that off my chest. It's been bothering me for several days now. Just Maybe, Mr. Bloggerman, you are overreacting. Maybe I am, but I think it's time for us to wake up and smell the coffee, (Community actually smells better), so that we can begin to gauge the depth of this war against our values. But, enough about that. How in the world are you doing, anyway? The better half and I are beginning to get acclimated to working together in our professional acting roles of Santa and Mrs. Claus. I had a fellow call me last Friday to tell me how much he appreciated our visit to their local fast food restaurant. He paid us perhaps the highest compliment one could hear. He said, "You guys are as close to the real deal as I have ever seen and you both seem to love it." He also sent me a photo he had taken with his phone of the little boy he had brought. He said they didn't know how the kid would respond but he obviously loved me and the rest of the kids did also. I told him he didn't hang around long enough because I couldn't even get a decent shot of my great grand and myself because she wasn't feeling well and it just wasn't a good night for her to be asked to be all Santa loving. That can happen to anyone. I know I do get plenty of undeserved credit like when someone tells me that I am the first Santa when their child didn't cry. Okay. That's nice but I also know that it would be bound to happen to any Santa when it became the first time that they didn't cry. I appreciate their confidence but I also am a realist. At any rate, we are enjoying our little foray into the make believe world and we might just have something that we can do together going forward.

Looking at our schedules, this looks to be a very busy week and the days are getting away from us in terms of the Christmas countdown. I have done most of our shopping thus far online. What's that you say? I'm missing out on the mall experience. Oh yeah. You are talking about the one where you park and walk for a quarter of a mile, push and shove, settle for something you really didn't want, and then go home and collapse from all the fun you have had. That's the one? I actually don't mind the mall that much but this year we have to use our time wisely and time is proving to be a somewhat rare commodity for us. But, we are thankful to God for being busy. We are also thankful to God for being able to be busy. I may be able to write a report on childhood obesity and offer an expert opinion after I finish my season of setting the not so little ones on my knee. The 'back' speaks to me a little after a few hours of work in the big overstuffed chair but the children, they are so wonderful and that is what makes it all such a blessing. I read a lady's tirade about Santa on her Facebook page this morning and I can respect her opinion. I went to high school with her and I understand her concern about the monies spent on Santa gifts when so many throughout our land are in such great need. I'm not sure getting rid of Santa would solve that problem but I do agree with her that the primary focus should be on the coming into the world of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Knowing Him is the greatest gift that we could ever receive. Now, here is exactly what I want you to do. Go out there and have yourself a wonderful day and don't forget to thank God for all of His blessings. Amen.                 ......More later.

No comments: