Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I'm channeling the country singer: "Louisiana, how I wish I could go back home again."

Good Tuesday morning. It's a good day to be on the road over to Louisiana. Come to think about it, any day is a good day to be headed home. Welcome to the 24 hour period designated December 27, 2011. By the time you read this we should be well on our way. Sometimes we need to stop and clean the lenses through which we view things. Our preconceived notions can catch up with us. Yesterday I saw a headline on the ABC News website. It read: Bidens Visit Wounded Troops on Christmas. What was my response? Sorry outfits. I wouldn't doubt that a visit from that turkey lurkey would wound one of fine service man or woman. Then it struck me. They didn't wound anyone, they just visited the wounded. Wow! Silly me. See what I mean? I almost got all stirred up and that's how things get started, emails, and stories, and pretty soon they are flooding people's inboxes all over the place. I have a wonderful friend who sends out some pretty inflammatory stuff from time to time. Some of it is exactly like that headline misinterpreted. When I point that out to him it makes him angry and he declares that it is still a good story anyway even if the facts are not accurate. We all need to clean those lenses from time to time.

As you can see by the profile photo change, I have put away Jolly Old Saint Nicolas until next time, Lord willing. Last Saturday I was doing some final shopping, mostly groceries for our big day, and decided to have the hair and beard trimmed. I'm not all that particular but the big box store hair place is likely not the right venue for a post Santa trim. I figured that out when the lady gave me the standard deer in the headlights look. Or, that may be how they do their thing, every day. At any rate, she proved that butchery may have been a better choice as a vocation but because it was Christmas and because she seemed well intentioned and because I had a soft spot for those who stand all day and work on trying to please bearded white haired old men, I gave her a huge tip anyway, and told her that she had made a start of what would be a work in progress. Bottom line, I am now back to my regular slightly off kilter self. What's that you say? The jolly part was mostly an act, right? Yes and no, at times maybe, but now we will just have to wait and see. Now you folks go right out and have yourself a wonderful Tuesday and I will see what we can do with the one God has given to us. Amen.   ....More later.

No comments: