Monday, December 27, 2010

All good things must come to an end, at least until next time.


This was Saturday, December 25, 2010
Here we are on a Monday, December 27, 2010 and as I promised, there are changes in the mix for today. I am running late on my blog because I've been out and about getting my haircut or my ears lowered as they say back home. We had a most wonderful time with our children, grandchildren, and our sweet little great grand, our bundle of Madelyn Joy on Saturday. It was a good one. It was a really good one. No. It was one of the best ever. My mom says that I say that every year but this year I really mean it. The kiddos were wonderful, the atmosphere was warm, the laughter was hearty, the steaks and all the trimmings were yummy, and MiMi did a wonderful job reading Luke's account of that singular event that changed the world when a Child was born and placed in a manger. What a day! Now, we must get on with our rat killing and that included my assignment for today: Transform yourself from that jolly old elf back into that hum drum ordinary fellow. It will be this way until June, Lord willing, when we begin again to regrow the beard and prepare ourselves for a new season. Next year we will have a new addition, the one and only, MiMi Claus, who will do her best to keep Santa in line. While she has plenty of experience, she already knows she will have her work cut out for her.


Self portrait, today, about 30 minutes ago.
 On Sunday we observed a very special service at our local fellowship where we once again focused on the Savior who just prior to going to the Cross, had these words to encourage His followers: "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful." (John 14:27, NASB) Our pastor then illustrated how that the peace that Jesus gives is different than any other that can be found in this world. A Christmas with family that we will not soon forget and then a Christmas celebration with our Church family that brought us all together in the common bond we have with our Savior. The Santa deal has come and gone and I will treasure so many memories from the children I have been privileged to work with. Those that stay with you the most are the special needs kids that love without reservation and have an excitement that is endearing. There was another little guy from the Christian academy that won the prize for his over the top reception of Santa. He was beside himself and everything you ever thought about a kid being ready for Santa, he embodied to the fullest. I mentioned it to his grandmother and she said one of the things he is known for is his exhuberance. That's what he is known for? That caused me to wonder what I am known for and maybe we all should stop and think about how others see us, our attitude, and our way of dealing with people. Exhuberance would not be a bad thing to be known for and thanks young fellow for reminding us all that we are known for something. Amen.                    ......More later.

No comments: