Wednesday, May 26, 2010

You actually thought I might have something of interest, but you were fooled again!

Good morning once again and welcome. We are all a little bit quirky, don't you think? We have a ceiling fan in our bedroom. I have a small fan on my side of the bed. My wife has a small fan on her side of the bed. The A/C is running, the three fans are running, and when I woke up this morning I must have been dreaming because I thought maybe I had been stranded out on the runway because it sounded like planes were landing and taking off. That much wind blowing most likely would be a huge overkill to some folks but I suppose it comes under the heading of the expression from that old song by KC and the Sunshine Band, "That's the way I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh." But it is Wednesday May 26, 2010 and I do pray that you are doing well today. You may not prefer having piper cubs buzzing around in your bedroom at night. Some folks want it to be perfectly quiet. Others have made a good case for how the noise might keep us from hearing something we should hear. There are many pros and cons but in the end we have chosen what best suits our own preferences. My wife just recently added the one on her side and I will admit it did give me pause since she also still uses the electric blanket that is on her side of the bed. We will know we have gone too far when we get a thank you card from the electric company or a warning from Al Gore! "But Mr. Gore, they are very small fans, and after all, you just purchased a mammoth mansion overlooking the Pacific Ocean that you predicted would in a few years wipe out the entire coastline due to climate change and sea level rises!" Sorry, I couldn't resist.

We all have bad days. While there's nothing about crime that is funny, we all have to smile a little when we hear about the drive by shooting that was foiled because the shooter injured himself. He forgot to roll down the window in his car. What about the lady who was arrested at her son's Boy Scout meeting. The police were there demonstrating their drug sniffing dog, and, you guessed it. Mom had a purse full of weed. There's also the case where a car was stolen and it had a car phone in it. The police called the phone. A man answered and the police told him they had seen his ad in the paper and wanted to pay cash for the car. They arranged a place to meet and the car thief was apprehended. A motorist in London was caught speeding and was sent a photo and a ticket for 40 pounds. He promptly returned the ticket with a photo of 40 pounds. A few days later he received another ticket with a photo of a pair of handcuffs and he immediately sent in his check and paid his fine. In Michigan two robbers entered a record store and one of them shouted in a loud voice, "Nobody move!" Suddenly his partner moved and he promptly shot him.

We all have bad days. You might recognize you are having a bad day when driving on the freeway your horn malfunctions and will not quit sounding while you are driving behind a dozen motorcycle gang members. That might just be one of those days where you think you should have stayed in bed. Sometimes you can tell how things are going by looking at country music. Country music lyrics can always be counted on to give you some insight into the world around us. I almost never listen to country music but I enjoy the titles. The current top hits include these: "Gimmie that Girl"; "Ain't Back Yet"; "She Won't be Lonely Long"; "Rain is a Good Thing"; "Every Dog Has Its Day"; "Wrong Baby Wrong"; and "I Gotta Get to You". I can't say that I have heard any of these but generally they most likely have a story to tell. Of course I may not be able to hear that story with all those fans blowing and my horn stuck but you still get up and go, any way, make the best of it, even when you might have rather stayed in bed! We all have much in the way of challenges and it's our privilege to encourage one another to keep on keeping on. Have a great day and may God bless! Amen. .....More later.

No comments: