Friday, May 14, 2010

Unverified facts from unsubstantiated sources provided anonymously!

Hello to my readers of all sizes, ages, and backgrounds, far and wide, and whatever other category that might float someone's boat on this Friday, May 14. 2010. I heard about a Volvo that was being prepared for another one of those safety commercials that promote Volvo's structural integrity. Only one problem. The vehicle wrecked on its way to the test. I'm sure their mom told them there would be days like this. I also saw where India's call center business is being worked on so that when you get an Indian person you will not be able to recognize their accent. They are spending a great deal of time doing "accent neutralization" training. Okay. I've connected into those outsourced help desks many times and based on my experiences, all I can say is good luck with that one! Then there's the lady who ended a domestic dispute in her home by killing her husband. Her regular job was that of a lobbyist trying to influence legislation to help end domestic violence. You can't make this stuff up folks. What about the Weight Watcher's facility in Sweden where the floor collapsed while 20 clients scrambled for safety? I will mention only two of the crazy 9-1-1 calls. One lady in Florida called because they had run out of chicken nuggets at the local McDonald's. Another fellow called when he discovered that Subway had left off the sauce he requested for his sandwich. Talk about food emergencies!

Life is filled with all kinds of surprises. I once hit my own car with a Church bus and did enough damage to call in a claim but didn't because I was too embarrassed to do so. I knew I was in trouble whenever I saw my station wagon bouncing up and down in the bus side mirror. I read a blurb that said so much Prozac is now taken in Great Britain that it is showing up in the drinking water supply system. I suppose we all thought they acted the way they do because they are just that laid back. That's not nearly as serious as the bank manager who was mugged getting money from his own bank's ATM. There's the story out of Michigan about the folks who paid an over $1600 electric bill but their power was cut off because they underpaid it by 1 penny. Computers. You've got to love them. They tell us that women have increased their purchases for 'do it yourself' products and tools by three times in just the last decade. Why? I suppose their waiting for the better half to 'get around to it' expired. A normal lower class ten year old bloke recently underwent emergency brain surgery and woke up speaking in a posh aristocratic English accent. Get this one. The doctors said that changes in accents after brain surgery is very rare. Sounds like candidates for the old Hee Haw show, don't you think?

Life is filled with surprises. Then you have those strange but true facts that cause you to scratch your head. When we think about our economic situation and hear the word trillions casually bantered around, we most likely lose perception as to how much money is involved. I read that if a person started counting and they counted every minute of every hour of every day, it would take 31,688 years to count to one trillion. Sometimes statistics can make us all a little apprehensive. In our country a house catches on fire every 45 seconds and men are 6 times more likely to be struck by lightning than women. My wife would say she knows exactly why men would get zapped more than women. They are too stubborn to take note of the danger. And, so it goes, on and on, and on. The good news is how the average person laughs at least 13 times a day. And, the better news? God is always the same, yesterday, today, and forever. You and I can live in a quirky world where strange stuff happens all the time but still be assured that as a child of God, our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, will never leave us nor will He ever forsake us. Now that's a fact we can base our living on! Have a great Saturday and I do hope you find yourself with other believers at the meeting place on Lord's Day Sunday. Until next week, I leave you with a prayer that God will bless and keep you and yours. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: