Friday, August 28, 2009

I promise I will be brief, no, it is not a joke!

I have good news for you on this Friday, August 28, 2009. I will be very brief since I am off on a day of vacation to accompany my wife over for a one-day turn around trip to Louisiana. Your huge sigh of relief could be heard when I used the word brief, but keep in mind, I will be listening and taking names. Our dear Brother Milton who now resides in Florida will be visiting in my wife’s sister’s home and she wants to be there to greet him, along with her older brother Cleon who is driving in for the occasion, and we are also looking forward to seeing Charles, our brother-in-law for nearly fifty years who is recovering from heart surgery this week! I am so looking forward to seeing Brother Milton. It will be my first time to give him a hug since he was hospitalized here after working on the restoration of our home. His progress has been slow but good and we know that God is at work in all that has happened before, during, and after his sudden illness.

Knowing this does not mean we can make sense out of it. Life at times spits out more questions than answers and we end up with only our belief in God to provide us with the energy to carry on. Brother Milton and his dear wife Glenda never thought they would be dealing each day with the many challenges he faces in his long-term recovery. Some folks live by a motto that says seeing is believing. The Bible would have us to know that God’s approach involves something quite different where it is a 'believing is seeing' proposition. He tells us that we can only please Him by believing that He exists and by living out the knowledge that He will reward those who diligently seek Him. (see Hebrews 11)

If I go much further I will totally destroy the ‘brief’ pledge, therefore, let me wish each of you a wonderful Friday, Saturday, and Lord’s Day Sunday. I look forward to coming at you with something new, perhaps by this time, next Monday. Until then, may our Great God smile upon you and yours! Amen. …..More later.

No comments: