Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy Birthday to some very special girls!

Greetings to one and all on this Thursday, August 6, 2009. You may have noticed that I slipped in a new blog photo of myself yesterday. It’s my Santa-in-training shot and my mom said she was tickled pink and my wife said it was great, therefore, they are at least two who were very glad to see the other one hit the delete pile. Today is a very special day for two of our special grand kids. It’s the birthday of our twins and they are celebrating their 11th year here on the planet. These girls are something else. They have been such a part of our lives ever since they arrived and while I dread seeing them grow up, I am so very thankful for them being such blessings to both their MiMi and their Poppy. I mentioned before how that my wife and her sister, born eighteen months apart, are like identical twins in how they act and in how people see them.

Our real twins, Alesha and Amanda, are exactly the opposite. They are as different as night and day but that sister connection is there and it is alive and well. They look different. They think differently. They like different things. Alesha is blond, pale, slender, and has many opinions on many subjects. Amanda is brunette, olive skinned, medium build, and she loves taking care of her baby brother Alex. One thing they share in common that makes me very, very happy: They both equally love their Poppy! Now that’s a good thing to agree on, don’t you think?

Today is their birthday. Lord willing we will have a special celebration in their honor this coming Sunday afternoon in our home. If everyone can come it will be the first time in several months that we have all been able to be together. That in and of itself is a reason to celebrate but when we add the recognition of the birthday of these two young starlets, well, God is good! I am so looking forward to this time of being together. I try to always pray for all my children, their wives, and all my grandchildren, by name, every single day. Today I am sending up a special prayer of thanksgiving for these wonderful girls. May God bless Alesha and Amanda and may they grow up to find and follow His will. Happy Birthday from MiMi and Poppy to our twins, Alesha and Amanda! Amen. …..More later.

No comments: