Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Family, fellowship, and food = FANTASTIC!

Okay. We have made it all the way to Tuesday, August 11, 2009. Yeah, I know it’s the day after Monday and also the one before Wednesday but it is the day we have - - - TODAY! We had our big family gathering last Sunday evening to celebrate our twins’ 11th birthday. The last time we had all been together was back on Mother’s Day. My mom always says that I always say that it was the best time ever. Okay mom, just so you know: This was one of the best times ever! My wife ended up having to work at the store so much of the getting ready stuff fell into my lap. Coming out of all that it took to make it a memorable event, I couldn’t write about it yesterday because I was still trying to catch my breath. Since I already had much of the background information written on yesterday's political ‘stupid’ story, therefore, I finished editing it and went with it. My mom told me that she thought that ‘stupid’ story had touched most of the bases but she figured I could have gone on and on and on. Moms know quite a bit about their kiddos, have you noticed that?

I have also received some input from my article about me potentially playing Santa in the upcoming season. My wife wondered out loud how I could even imagine keeping my current long daily routine and think about adding evening and Saturday Santa stuff. My mom basically said the same thing. There you have it. Moms and wives, they have similar insights and concerns, have you noticed that? They are, of course, very accurate in predicting the difficulties this new project could impose. However, I fully intend to make whatever adjustments I need to make if, in fact, the Santa story becomes a reality. I also received a very positive response from a professional photographer who owns her own shop and she wants to explore how we might be able to work together in this new adventure.

My hairdresser daughter-in-law said I had some conditioning work to do on nurturing my beard if I was to continue growing it out. My youngest son made some reference when he first saw me that I must be trying to look like some offbeat character he named that I had never heard of. Probably best that I don’t know who he had in mind. Another daughter-in-law said if I do work this out she and her family wants to be on the list for a family photo shoot with me at the studio. It was all in fun and all positive and it really is good to know that my family takes an interest in my plans. Speaking of Santa, the twins had a Christmas like night with gifts flying all over the place. When it came time to pray before dinner our Alex said he would pray and Brady said he would also pray. Typically at any gathering there is always one special moment that not only defines the mood but makes a memory that will last a very long time. We didn’t capture it on video but those prayers from the youngest tykes in our clan, prayed back to back, was enough to bring tears to Poppy’s eyes and made all the preparation seem very small indeed. When I prayed with my wife early Monday morning before leaving for work, all I could do was thank God for another time of us all being able to be together. Thank you Lord. Thank you Lord. Yes, thank you Lord. Amen. ….More later.

No comments: