Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Being God's hands in touching others.

Welcome fellow strugglers to Wednesday's edition of my blog on this August 5, 2009. That's right folks. We are fellow strugglers in this life and we all need the love, support, and prayers from those around us. I have been keeping up with the little girl who was critically injured in a bus accident on its way to summer camp. The bus from a Church in Shreveport, Louisiana blew a tire and one young man was killed instantly with several others injured. The little girl named Maggie was very critical and her family had a website up to track her progress over the past several weeks. However, little Maggie was promoted into the presence of her Lord this past Sunday. Her family had spoken about her giving spirit and how they wanted to honor her by using her organs to help others. My heart sunk when I read about her passing and it immediately reminded me of just how fragile this life is and how we should count as precious the moments we have, especially those that God gives to us to be with those we cherish.

No, I am not able to make sense out of what appears to be a random act of senselessness. The answer is never found in an explanation. It can only be found in a Person, the Lord Jesus Christ. One preacher recently said that no matter what the question, Jesus is the answer. Little Maggie's website was filled up with prayers and get well wishes. That's all that could be done by those who stood by to love and care. There are times when that's all that we can do. There are other times when we are the ones who need this response from others. This is the template of life and knowing Jesus is the only way we can have peace in the midst of such stormy times, and having those surround us with love and support is also an extension of His love to us. I didn't know Maggie or her parents or anyone associated with their Church. Someone in our local fellowship of believers works with someone who has a connection and this is how we found out about this tragic accident. Yet, I was drawn to the testimony of this little girl and when I checked her webpage this past Monday and read the news of her passing I could not hold back the tears. This is how we connect into the lives of others, even those we don't know and may never meet. I had prayed for this child and her family and now I ask you to pray that God will bring comfort to them as they work their way through this time of transition.

I had heard about this accident through an email from our Church. I wanted to know more about what happened so I checked the Church website in Shreveport and that's where I connected to the special webpage set up for Maggie. The expressions I found there from her family reflecting their depth of faith and their testimony for Christ was captivating. They were so very thankful for the time God had allowed them to share with this remarkable child. I could feel that love and it reminded me of my own children and grandchildren. It caused me to remember and cherish the blessings God has provided to me. It also spoke to my heart once again about the temporary nature of this life and how that we all need each other if we are to live as God would have us to live. I never intended to know anything about this situation. It was just an incidental event, right? Or, perhaps it was God at work in my life using a little girl's situation to speak to me even as I prayed for her. It's not perhaps because I do believe that all things, large, small, in-between, good, bad, or indifferent do have a purpose in the life of God's chosen and I thank Him for speaking to me through this experience. Don't forget to tell those close to you that you love them for none of us know when it will be our last opportunity! Amen. .....More later.

No comments: