Monday, February 2, 2009

Thanks to all who have cared so much!

Welcome and greetings on this Monday, February 2, 2009. The Steelers won the Super Bowl (heard it on the radio this morning, did not watch it) and the groundhog will be testing his shadow spotting technique later this morning with many waiting to hear his forecast. But how in the world are you, anyway? My mom was admitted last Friday to the hospital where she is being treated for her pneumonia. I went over to Louisiana and spent the day with her on Saturday. She is making slow and steady progress but still has a ways to go. Our Bro. Milton may require additional surgery to deal with his current blood clot situation. The family will be meeting with his doctors this morning to find out where things stand and what options are being contemplated. This recent setback has been very hard on Bro. Milton's wife and boys. It has also been a hard lick on my wife and the rest of the family. The doctors have determined his loss of eyesight to have been caused by a stroke. His short term memory has also been impacted, however, he continues (loudly at times) to praise God for his mercy, grace, and goodness. He told the nursing staff that he did not want to be a bad patient because he desired to be a good servant of His Lord. This he has been, is now, and continues to be throughout this ordeal. Thanks to all who are praying for Bro. Milton and for my mom. Bro. Milton told me he knew that God was hearing the prayers going up on his behalf.

We are so very appreciative for all the prayers and expressions of support. My wife was at the hospital Sunday morning and I attended our regular services with our local fellowship of believers. The outpouring of sentiment was overwhelming. I know much of it was directed towards my dear wife but I was the one receiving it from person after person. God cares and one of His greatest tools of showing His care is through His people. I told my wife it was so much I almost became tired of telling the story over and over again but the hugs, prayers, and tears from those who share faith with us is a blessing hard to describe. The Bible calls it edification which simply means we are to build each other up. We are to do what the Holy Spirit or Comforter does, that is to come along side someone who is in need of a lift, and to lift them up with whatever means God has placed at our disposal. I have mentioned often about the outpouring of love and support shown towards Bro. Milton from Churches and people all over our country, but I must say our local congregation has also stood by us, prayed for us, and stood in the gap for us. In the end, while we know neither the outcome nor our reaction to it, we can be assured of God's love and how it has been and continues to be expressed through folks who care. That's a pretty good calling in and of itself. To be someone who cares enough! Have a blessed week. Amen. ......More later.

No comments: