Monday, February 9, 2009

It's one of those Monday deals!

Okay, so I am human after all, because guess what? I am actually running a little behind schedule this Monday, February 9, 2009. Perhaps it is the drizzly weather or maybe the melt down Saturday and Sunday I experienced, or a combination of ‘all of the above’. Me being late (5:10 a.m. instead of 4:30 a.m.) is not a major event when you consider we don’t start officially until 7 a.m., but it does register on my internal time clock who is still trying to figure out what in the world is going on. I do exaggerate. My wife was concerned enough to tell me before I left not to drive fast to try and make up my time. Make up my time? I’m still nearly two hours early! I had some fairly decent rain in a spot or two coming in this morning and do we ever need the rain! Unfortunately, the areas where it rained the most were populated mainly with parking lots and businesses and I wonder why it always seems to be that way.

But good morning any way and welcome to another addition of my meanderings through wonderland. No one ever said this life would be easy and we at times find ourselves like the TV character Fred Sandford grasping our chest and mimicking his calling out to his wife in heaven that he’s coming to join her. The great news for us is that we do not have to carry our burdens alone. The truth as reflected in the Bible says that we can bring our heavy load to our Savior and He will help us to deal with all that weighs us down. He also has His very own special helpers that come along side and do their best to support that load that seems to be so heavy at times. We are blessed to be surrounded by these types of folks who care enough to pray, to encourage, and to do what they can to help in our time of need.

Have you ever wished you could wake up and all the things that are currently on your stress list would have disappeared? I can’t say that I have done that but given the impact the challenges in life bring with them, I can sure understand why many might do so. As believers, we do not look for a magic wand or a fantasy escape, we trust in our Great God to work according to His plan and purpose, and to keep every promise He has made to us. This includes His being with us in the good times and the bad. Bottom line is that we come away knowing this to be true and because we do, we end up grasping at words just to describe how blessed we really are. That’s right. If you have the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior, then you have God as your Father, and you have His living presence in the person of Holy Spirit God living in you, then let me inform you, my friend: Welcome to the ultimate in blessings, regardless of what this life might send your way. Hey, if I keep reading my own stuff I might just get excited about the day! There’s still hope, for you as well! Have a blessed day and may God be with us all! Amen. (I apologize for some of the wording. The grammar checker went wild. He kept saying you’ve got to be kidding but I didn’t change anything!) ….More later.

No comments: