Friday, February 6, 2009

Some things just cannot pass the smell test!

Hello again Americans, it is Friday, February 6, 2009, and time for some pugnacious if not ponderous punditry pillaged from the pages of those charged with keeping us well informed. Don’t get the idea that my thoughts and ideas come out of a ‘think tank’ because I would never give myself that much credit. However, I do believe, even to the casual observer, these are some very strange times that we are living in. If our recently departed President George W. Bush had experienced the problems and subsequent fall out from his nominees we can pretty much know what the mainstream media would be saying. Another of President Bush’s nominees has been forced to fall on his sword. Obviously, the ‘decider’ made a bad decision because so far his touted MBA has not been able to deliver clean nominees. Many believe President Bush is so ‘hands off’ he doesn’t have a clue regarding those who are withdrawing their names even as we speak. However, this is not the type of press the new occupant at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is receiving.

Here’s my take on much of what I have read. Isn’t it refreshing to have a president who is willing to take responsibility for mistakes that have been made? This avalanche of praise causes most to totally neglect the incompetence shown behind the losing of so many nominees as they focus their praise only on the Great One’s confession that he ‘screwed up’. Give me a break! Am I the only one who can see that President Obama’s charm tour where he loudly took responsibility on every outlet available was nothing more than a strategy employed to deflect attention from the mishandling of finding qualified appointees? We all should be so lucky! No lobbyists will serve in my administration. Except for the dozen or more exceptions that were necessary to make certain the most qualified individual was put in place. No one having ethical problems will be in my administration. Except for those already confirmed like the new secretary of state with Whitewater all over her hands and the new treasury secretary who gives smart tax evaders a good run for their money. The list goes on and on but the press is focused on the cult personality of this one dripping with Harry Trumanesque: The buck stops here. My take says it's more like: The phony baloney is alive and well! Okay, one more time for good measure: Give me a break!

Please believe me when I say that I am not making excuses for President Bush because he will be thoroughly examined by left, center, and right leaning historians. What I am telling you is instead of there being a vast right wing conspiracy (which never existed) there is now in place a vast left wing consortium who have as their mission to fulfill Isaiah’s curse: “Woe to those who call evil good and good evil.” (See Isaiah 5:20) Well, that’s about it from my “View from here” and I am very much aware that we all are inclined to not always be right in our opinions. Hopefully, those of us who care will be willing to stand up and tell the Emperor that while being told how beautiful his lovely robes are, he actually is parading around without a stitch. Enough already. Have a great Saturday and first day of the week Sunday where we will have an opportunity to go and worship together with other believers. Until next time, may the good Lord bless and keep each one. Amen. ….More later.

No comments: