Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hey doc, can you stop your lecture long enough to take time to listen to my heart?

We have us one of those damp penetrating near freezing mornings here but we are up and going and thankful to welcome a brand new day on this Thursday, February 5, 2009. My doctor's visit went very well I think. He did check me over but as always he wanted to talk about end time prophecies and their fulfillment. He has ordered up a complete lab workup to make sure we are within our plus or minus range but I am thankful that he found me to be pretty much okay from his examination. I did finally get to the bottom of why the medical insurance folks thought I wasn't taking the proper dosage of diabetic drugs. The mammoth drug chain we use had misreported the number of pills they were giving me and that caused the insurance company to record me not taking the right dosage. They sent me a letter about it. Yesterday I found out they had dinged my doctor for not making sure I was being treated properly. Of course this situation only lead to another discussion from my doctor about how the mega insurers are more and more taking over patient management and how that ultimately they will be dictating to him what he should and shouldn't do and how this fits into another one of his views on the end times. Whew! You see why going to the doctor can tire me out?

Let me set the record straight. He did eventually get to all that needed to be done and I knew he would be wanting to talk about his latest theories, therefore, I came with a few nuggets of my own to share and believe it or not he ended up taking notes when I was talking. See there. Your mother was right. It does pay to be prepared, or was that the boy scouts? I did make Tender Foot and come to think about it "Be Prepared" is the Boy Scout motto. As I mentioned yesterday, I didn't have much in the way of medical information to discuss, so I jumped right in and gave him a few things to ponder in his very well researched but often misguided (my opinion) views. I suppose Forest was right about how each day is a new day and life really is like a box of chocolates because you never know what you are going to get. I did confess to the nurse that I had consumed four cups of coffee (+ or -) and I had hoped my blood pressure wouldn't be off the chart as a result. My blood pressure turned out to be just fine, therefore, I wonder if it was the coffee that made it higher before OR me thinking about the coffee making it higher OR something entirely different OR maybe it was even thinking about thinking about the subject that ended up producing a bad number. We do have a complicated life, don't we? But I am thankful that God has brought us this far and I am trusting Him to carry us through to the end. I pray that you are doing the same. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: