Tuesday, January 5, 2021

“We are the Bibles the world is reading; we are the creeds the world is needing; we are the sermons the world is heeding.” - Billy Graham


Happy day to each one on this Tuesday, January 5, 2021. The wife's sister, her twin, born 18 months apart, is here helping with the deconstruction of Christmas and the reconstruction of a 'new' look. I'm all for fresh and new. I am not as inclined to the multiple trips to the Home Store and other such outlets. Those are good places but they do like to receive funds for their merchandise, now hanging on our walls. Oh well, it does look nice. I spent the day wrestling with the outside lights, taking down the nativity scene, and hauling stuff forth and back. Today, they plan to put the finishing touches on the reconstruction activities and once they label the many containers I will haul them all out to 'she-shed' number two. We had a wonderful breakfast this morning and enjoyed a lot of good fellowship. It consisted of homemade cat-head biscuits, scrambled eggs, sausage, and jellies. And, as the little girl used to say on the Hamburger Helper commercial, "And, I helped!" Good times.



Mr. Bentley and I did see a very well fed coyote on our morning ride yesterday morning. We do have a number of folks in our neighborhood who have outdoor pets, some of them pretty small. I suppose it could become one of those circle of life types of things. Meanwhile, we will do our best to keep Mr. Bentley safe. Now that he has access to his old viewing station at the glass doors in the family room, well, he has been somewhat reluctant to go there. I suppose he was scolded so often when the Christmas tree was up, he's not sure he can go there again. Slowly but surely he is beginning to reclaim his sweet spot. I'm telling you again for the umpteenth time, that pup is something else. We could have never imagined how much we would end up laughing as a result of him showing up on the premises. Be reminded, he has won over the heart of a person who for 73 years could say unequivocally that he was not a dog or pet person. I suppose if I go to a special meeting I would have to stand up and tell my story of how I had always been a no pet person but now I have become a Bentley loving crazy man. Senility? It is at least an option. Even I wonder at times.



The wife and I are on task to read through the entirety of the Bible this year. We are doing four chapters per day. This is something that is put on many folks' to-do list each year. A resolution of sorts. But, as we all know it typically starts off with a bang and can easily go by the wayside if we don't stay on top of it with our commitment to getting it done. I suppose by sharing this I have put myself and the wife out there as those who have engaged in this pursuit. I know God will bless any and all time spent in His Word. He has promised to do that. We have gotten 20 chapters done out of the total of 1189 in the King James Bible. I encourage everyone to join in this worthwhile activity. Four chapters go by fast. I have one of the modern versions where I both hear it read as well as seeing the words on the screen of my cellphone. That works for me. There are dozens of options for downloadable apps. May God help us to not only hear and read, but, to allow the truth to make a difference in the daily living out of our lives. Amen. ......More later.

No comments: