Monday, January 18, 2021

I don't know how close I came to touching the other side, but, I do feel like I've been on one long stormy trip.

Taken yesterday morning.

I am marking myself present today, but, in all fairness, I am using a very light pencil to do so. It is Monday, January 18, 2021, and, I can't remember a time when I was as weak as I am today. But, God be praised as I am beginning to begin feeling at least a wee bit of what I think I was feeling when I wasn't fighting this virus. I do have many praise reports to share. My wife. She has been beside me this entire time. She has tried to protect herself some, but, as we all know that's not easy to do when it is family. Community Coffee. Yep. Still enjoying it every single day. For the concern, caring, and the outpouring of love and support from family and our Church brothers and sisters. Mr. Bentley has also been my faithful companion too. I never lost my taste even though I couldn't eat very much at one time. While not wanting to drift into sentimentality, I am also thankful for the peace God granted to me during these difficult days. The song is right, "Through it all I've learned to trust in Jesus I've learned to trust in God." I never sensed that I was anywhere other than in His hands and I did change my prayer some during these days. I have been praying for His will to be done and then I would add my thoughts and ideas. This changed. I prayed His will be done, period. When His will is done, the rest will fall into place. As I get stronger I will no doubt have more to say. Thanks again to everyone who whispered a prayer for me. I am thankful. Very. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: