Friday, January 22, 2021

James Chapter Four, New American Standard Bible, (NASB), 13)Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit.” 14)Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. 15)Instead, you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that.” 16)But as it is, you boast in your arrogance; all such boasting is evil. 17)Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin.


Good morning and welcome. Today is Friday, January 22, 2021, and, I am so thankful to report that I am coming off of my first 24 hours of symptom-free regarding the Coronavirus. I think I am feeling like I would have felt had I not had the virus. One thing I do not miss is the bone chills and aches that characterized my experience over the past 10 plus days. My medical provider is typically fairly responsive to most requests even though getting appointments can take a while. However, when it comes to letting everyone in their system know that I as a patient have COVID, well, that seems to be sent around faster than a speeding bullet. I was called by the office of my eye doctor who said they were canceling my next week's appointment and until I am 100% clear of any and all symptoms I will not be allowed in the building. No. I was not watching an episode of Big Brother. But, it doesn't take long to think about how control over our lives will be pretty easy. And, no, just for the record. I have never watched an episode of Big Brother but the title fit my thoughts. I'm not upset with the medical folks. They are trying to protect themselves, however, it does appear somewhat heavy-handed and it also means I will miss my ophthalmologist before she leaves her practice at the end of this month. I just hate breaking in new doctors. 



Lord willing, I hope to be in service this next Lord's Day Sunday at the meeting place of our local fellowship of believers. Lord willing. Until then, I will continue to hunker down and do my best to start rebuilding my stamina. I have been told by several survivors that this will most likely take a while. I'm just thankful to be in the position of getting ready to do just that. Be blessed and know that God is aware. Always and forever. Amen. .....More later. 

No comments: