Monday, January 25, 2021

"Life is not a race, but a journey to be savoured each step of the way. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift. That's why we call it the present." ~ Brian Dyson


Well, hello there, and welcome. It is Monday, January 25, 2021, and, I am feeling good about me feeling well enough to be sending out a few thoughts for today. The Coronavirus took a lot out of me. I am not happy to say that, but, it is the truth. Since I am not one prone to be down and out with an ailment, and, I don't take that for granted, it, nonetheless, has been a shock to my psyche. Being wiped out. Drained. Listless. I got out of breath last Friday bringing the trashcans in from the road. It is humbling. It is also instructional in that I can better appreciate many who deal with physical limitations each and every day. I know I will get stronger and eventually this will only be something experienced along my journey. For now, it is a real and ever-present reminder of cascading issues relating to my 10-day bout with COVID-19. Many wonder about damage to their organs and how much of their lifespan has been shortened by having this disease. I haven't had time to add those to my list. Today, I just feel thankful I no longer feel like I've been beaten with an iron tire tool. Ultimately, there is something wonderful about belonging to God based on me having trusted the finished work of Jesus the Christ on Calvary. I am trusting God with my life. He really knows best. Therefore, I can with great confidence pray for His will be done in my life. I am going to do what I can to help get back on my feet but it is pretty scary when you fall ill as a pretty healthy 74-1/2-year-old and 10 days later my strength seems to have gone into hiding. 



I thought President Biden's press secretary was almost laughable in her defense of his faith in light of his executive order restoring government payments for abortions. The question had to do with what is taught by the Catholic Church regarding the sanctity of life. She said President Biden was a man of faith who attends services regularly each week. That was her answer. It's like the old preacher who used to say going to Church will no more make one a Christian than going into a garage will make you a vehicle. I'm sure her answer was very much a good one for the mainstream who has touted Biden's long term association with the Church. The Prophet Isaiah was given a word for those who would pervert the clear teachings given to us by God: "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!" (Isaiah 5:20 as rendered in the English Standard Bible.) 



As to how my experience with COVID will prepare me for the future, well, we will have to wait and see, however, we as believers do embrace the hallmark truth as given through the Apostle Paul, "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28) We believe it means what it says. ALL THINGS. Yep. The good stuff, the bad, and everything in between. It is a part of how God has chosen to work in each life of those who are His own. This was the life verse of my grandfather, Paw Paw Mac. It's a good one. For him, for me, and for us all. Amen. ......More later.

No comments: