Thursday, January 14, 2021

"Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, his love endures forever." ~ Psalm 118:29


Good morning. I am reporting again from the sickbay here at the ole blogger ranch. It is Thursday, January 14, 2021, and, I am more than grateful just to be able to click and clack a few words on the keyboard. I heard some pretty gruesome descriptions of pain growing up. My granddad used to say he felt like he had been pulled through a rat hole backward. COVID 19 has made this illustration clear to me. I remember once hearing one of my aunts saying what she would do to my uncle if he ever mistreated her. She said she would wait for him to go to sleep, wrap him up tight with some sheets, and beat him with an iron bar until he stopped moving. COVID 19 has made this illustration all too real to me. I thought I was a wee bit better yesterday. I put on some clothes and took Mr. Bentley on his ride around the neighborhood. He hadn't been on his ride since last Friday. He knows this week is the one we remember when we brought him home as a 6-week old pup. As we drove around, it was still good and cool, and he had his head hung out of the window as far as he could. The wife argued against me getting out. She was right. Again. This morning I feel used up with my energy level pretty much on life support. Maybe not that bad, but, you get the picture. This stuff is not something you would wish on anyone. I did receive several inquiries from my grandchildren expressing their concern including two grandson calls which is very unusual. They may not often say it, but, their MiMi and Poppy are very near and dear to their hearts. With God's help, I am expecting to be back to my normal self when He provides for that to happen. I know. That requires a definition of what normal means for me and, to be honest, I don't have the fortitude to deal with it at this very moment. Thanks to all those praying for us. I can say without hesitation. Prayers are needed. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: