Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Luke 1:37 ESV ~"For nothing will be impossible with God.”


I must have forgotten to say 'may I' yesterday since I think I slid back just a wee bit. I did a few things yesterday morning and after that, I suppose you could have stuck a fork in me because I was done. I was a little slow on the get-go this morning, as you can tell. But, it is Tuesday, January 26, 2021, and, I am thankful to still be able to make a breath mark on a mirror. Not much of one, but, enough. Yesterday morning the wife made me a memory breakfast. She made some of her famous homemade biscuits, fried thick bacon, and old fashioned oatmeal cooked with raisins. She served up the biscuits oozing with butter and everything was perfect. This breakfast was the ultimate comfort food start of the day when I was a kid growing up. I took the bacon and stuffed it into a biscuit and the combination with the oatmeal and raisins was superb. Yep. The virus has gotten to my emotional stability as well and I do tend to be slightly more sentimental these days, but, what a great way to start my day with good food and wonderful memories. Thanks to the wife for her hard work. And, thanks to God for allowing me to enjoy it. Amen



I suppose there are times when we learn what it means to take it one step at a time. Just to be clear, my experience is not unique. I have consulted several of my Church brothers who have dealt with COVID and they report much the same types of symptoms along with the fatigue that has characterized my recovery. One of the things that happened to them and myself was how we would wake up one day thinking we had beaten it only to be bedridden again that same evening. Oh well, it is what it is, and, God is still working. I know that to be true and I know that whatever He decides is best. Because of this, I can live in confidence even when I'm not making much of a mark on the mirror. Have a great rest of the day and may God bless each one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: