Wednesday, January 27, 2021

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln


Good morning and welcome. It is Wednesday, January 27, 2021. I am somewhat at a loss to describe exactly how I am feeling these days. I am so thankful to report that I am no longer dealing with the illness I had for a 10-day stretch. I am no longer ill. Yet, at the same time, I am not well. I think the Brits may have a better term for it. Un-well. My eldest has a fellow in his organization that had a similar bout with COVID. He is close to my age. His experience pretty much parallels mine. He reports many weeks before he was able to regain his strength and vitality. The zapped syndrome. I think vague is the best description of how I feel most of my day. I do not know what the kicked-up version of a couch potato is but I assume I have achieved that and then some. I tell the wife each evening that maybe tomorrow. And, that is my hope, that yesterday's being laid up like a pack of dogs will give way to some productive activity today. Today! As God provides. Amen



Mr. Bentley has known things have been out of sync over the past few weeks. He is so happy I am well enough to take him on his inspection tours each morning. Last week he had his annual check-up. He has a few things they wanted to treat him for. ($273.00 worth of annual checkup and medications.) Nothing too serious. He weighs 18-1/2 pounds which puts him above average for his breed. The wife said he was so good as they worked him over. He went to the groomer this past Monday. When I picked him up I tried to get him to go into a nearby field but he was having none of it. He wanted in the truck. Period. He wanted to go home. He rode on my arm all the way, all 18-1/2 pounds, and, it was pretty numb when we got home. One of his favorite toys is a little rubber piggy. It makes the loudest pig sound you ever heard. We step on it by accident and it pretty much scares the daylight out of us. The other morning I was up early with him and he accidentally stepped on his piggy. It scared him too. He came about a foot off the floor. I told him it served him right for leaving it lying around. No. I did not say he was a senility support animal but, truth is truth, and, he is helping me to get through these trying times.



I do hope you have a most wonderful day as we continue the journey God has given to us. The wife and I watched the John Wayne, Maureen O'Hara classic, 'The Quiet Man', last evening. That's as close to a Hallmark movie as I can get, and, I do think it to be a good movie. We tried to decide if it was our favorite John Wayne movie compared to 'Big Jake' or maybe 'True Grit'. Sorry if that dates us but we said again what we always say when we watch one of his movies, "They don't make them like that anymore." May God add His blessings. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: