Tuesday, January 12, 2021

"Adversity is always unexpected and unwelcomed. It is an intruder and a thief. But in the hands of God, adversity becomes the means through which HIS Supernatural Power is demonstrated." ~ Charles Stanley

This precious child actually asked to have her photo made with Mr. Bentley.
She went immediately to the super nice list!

Yep. I'm still here, but, I couldn't begin to figure out exactly what I am good for, given how I am all laid up like a pack of sleeping dogs.  The onset illness I had over the weekend rocked my bones, perhaps more than I have ever experienced. But, I find myself thankful to still be able to turn on the laptop and send out my blog today, Tuesday, the 12th of January, in this new year of 2021. When the chills and fever were raging, the wife made me an appointment with my primary care. I visited with him yesterday over the telephone for 15 minutes. I told him I thought the worst of it was passed. He, of course, has COVID on the front burner and everything we talked about seemed to revolve around the pandemic. He scheduled me for a test and I went through the drive-through yesterday afternoon for another wringing out of my nostrils. We should know something as soon as today. I had just made the comment to the wife's sister that at our age, one is okay until they are not okay. Hello! Be sure your words will find you out! My quote, not the one from the Bible. The achy breaker number done on my bones has some residual in that I am still hungover with soreness and can become easily chilled. Who would have ever thought that me, myself, and I would be glad to be using a warming blanket on my bed and a warming throw while in my recliner. I think I will soon need to turn in my man card. I keep telling everyone I am on the rebound and better but it is a slow recovery. I continue to await my grandfather's prophetic words, "Son, it will feel better when it quits hurting." Have a blessed day and may God add His blessings. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: