Tuesday, April 28, 2020

They say it may take a few months before I see all the benefits provided by my CPAP device. You know, especially the one that says I can have a new lease on life. I'll be on the look out for that one!

Good to catch up with everyone here on this Tuesday, April 28, 2020. I am getting a little more comfortable with the headgear I wear each night. And, I am making some slow and steady progress in using the CPAP apparatus. For inquiring minds, it stands for continuous positive airway pressure. I continue to see excellent results in the reduction of negative sleep interrupting events. You know. The kind where you stop breathing. We did find out that when you clean everything and then put it all back together it is like starting over so to speak in terms of getting everything to fit right. We have a dear friend, Bro. Scott, who wrote me a note after I first described all the potential benefits including the cessation of snoring. He, jokingly, told me that if it all worked correctly I would be giving up my opportunity for the wife to know when I had stopped breathing and even gone on to my heavenly reward. Guess what? He was prophetically on the mark. The wife says she hears nothing at night except for the occasional quiet sound of the very slight breeze coming into the nozzle. This has been somewhat of an adjustment for her since she never hears me snore and she used to hear me start and stop. I guess this gives us both something to look forward to each morning. To see if I do awaken when Mr. Bentley signals he has had enough of the kennel. That typically happens beginning around 3:30 a.m. You remember that guy who we were all waiting for him to show for the presentation meeting and everyone said he had better have a really good excuse. He did have a really good one. He was found dead in his hotel room. Yes. I did grant him an excused absence. Joking only.

We haven't received any stimulus money from the government. In fact, when I check our status it comes back saying they don't have enough information to know if we qualify or not. We actually owe a little more in our federal taxes than what we are eligible for once they determine we are eligible. My guess is we will still owe the taxes by July 15 regardless of the status of any stimulus funds. That we can count on. If we do get the funds we will use it to pay our taxes. If we don't get the funds we will have to pay our taxes anyway. Maybe I shouldn't have identified myself as Santa Claus on my last year's return. Yes. I do know they can't take a joke. Worried about an IRS audit? Avoid what's called a red flag. That's something the IRS always looks for. For example, say you have some money left in your bank account after paying taxes, that's a red flag. (Jay Leno) One fellow said he detested people who cheat on their income tax return. He said he certainly did not want to raise his 27 dependents to do stuff like that. The tax advisor had just read the story of Cinderella to his four-year-old daughter for the first time. The little girl was fascinated by the story, especially the part where the pumpkin turns into a golden coach. Suddenly she piped up, "Daddy, when the pumpkin turned into a golden coach, would that be classified as income or a long-term capital gain?"

The other evening an add popped up on my Facebook page. I thought it was cute so I showed the ad to the wife. She looked at it and this is exactly what she said, "Get me that mask." I don't have to tell you how Mr. Bentley has intruded into our thought process because I do think it shows. In this case, $22 worth including shipping. Add it to the list and make sure it goes with us to 'the home'. They will need to know as much as can be provided. You do know I'm just joking around a little. Not about 'the home' but about the list. Enough already. On a serious note, we do ask for prayers again for our Jimmy. He has been undergoing some intense therapy over the past several weeks and this past Sunday he had to be readmitted to the mental health facility. This has been a long journey for him and one that has taken a huge toll on his quality of life as well as producing a huge amount of stress on his mom and the rest of the family. We pray they will be able to find a way to help. Thanks for your prayers. And, may God provide. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: