Thursday, April 2, 2020

I know you can't slow time down but it sure does seem like it is moving slower.

Good morning and welcome. It's Thursday, April 2, 2020, and I do realize it's not a good morning for everyone as this pandemic continues to ravage certain areas of our nation, however, it is always good to know that God is still on His throne. Yesterday I read an article in the online Houston Chronicle that debunked 21 myths that have taken hold since Covid-19 arrived in our land. Those myths are mostly homegrown ideas and notions about the virus, how it is spread, and what can be done about it. I recommend you Google it and read through the information provided. It's always best to have the facts if they are available. The passing of the stimulus package by Congress and signed into law by the President has already given birth to many schemes and scams where people are attempting to gain access to individuals' banking and financial information. The most popular has to do with them making calls and telling folks they need their information in order to send them the check due to them. They often target the elderly. I know we all are sinners and hopelessly lost before a holy and righteous God, however, I can't even imagine the heart of someone who would take away from the elderly and infirmed. I also know that all sin is an affront to God but this kind of thievery during a time of crisis is heinous in and of itself. Based on a cursory look, I found the penalties, if someone is caught, prosecuted and convicted, are anything from minor to severe, but, I wouldn't want to tell you what I think should be done to someone doing something like this. I'll leave it at that.

Today is my 3,300th blog. If nothing else, it's a sizeable number. A lot of wear and tear on the keyboard. Productive? In some respects I suppose. It does occupy a fair amount of my time and dealing with some of the stuff I have written about, it may have helped me in some ways. It does present a challenge and we are told that activities that engage one's thinking are helping in keeping the gray cells engaged. As to how much thinking it requires, on some days a whole lot. I do love it when I sit down and the ideas gush out with leftover thoughts for another day. That, my friend, is not how it works every time. I do appreciate my reading circle and the comments I receive from time to time. I used to get more comments but many of them were from folks across the globe who wanted to either argue my expressed religious point of view or to straighten me out. Speaking of religion, who would have ever thought we would be living at a time when every local Church, regardless of size, would be streaming their services on the internet? It's typically just a very few singers and musicians along with the preacher bringing the message. I've watched dozens of them and as we might expect many of them are similar in using passages from the Bible to try and encourage their flocks. Interestingly enough, there are so many streaming on Facebook during service time on Sunday mornings, the system itself is having issues keeping up. We are living in a different world which should be good for me since Paw Paw always said I woke up in a new world every day.

I think we are coming out of doing maybe the last two weeks in quarantine mode. To be honest, another month of the same is not something we are looking forward to. We have progressively ramped up our efforts to limit the leaving of our premises. There are times when we must leave but we are doing our best to follow the guidelines. Sadly, an outbreak has occurred at a senior living facility near us. Thus far, twelve have been confirmed as having the virus and two have died. I heard last evening those running the complex have ordered everyone to stay in their apartments. They have shut down all the common areas, the kitchen, and other administrative offices. My heart goes out to these folks who essentially have been placed in solitary confinement. Many of them are in their 80's or older. There has to be some trauma and anguish associated with this development. I pray that God will be present with them as they deal with this crisis. We still have folks who think this not to be so great of a problem and it reminds me of what has been said in the past. When jobs begin to be lost we sympathize with those thrown out of work, but, when it happens in our own sphere, well, it becomes much more real. I think that's also the case with this disease. Okay. That's at least one viewpoint, and, for now, it happens to be mine. May God bless. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: