Monday, December 10, 2018

Here's some insight into the true source of a thousand points of light as well as all light that makes a difference for time and eternity: "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." (Jesus, Matthew 5:16)

Good morning and welcome to a brand new work week, here on this Monday, December 10, 2018. Okay. I no longer go to the office at that place I occupied for nearly 12 years, however, we have participated in the Santa Enterprise with appearances for seven out of the last eight days. Whew! At any rate, as I write this, I am coming to you from The Home Office. I did appreciate the words spoken by President George W., 43, in honor of his dad, President George H. W., 41. They were gripping and heartfelt. I mention this to give you my thoughts about the coverage of the passing of President George H.W.  Hypocrite, hypocrite, hypocrite! They hated him when he was in office. They called him 'The Wimp'. Now they praise him in such an overflow that it is stunning. What can we learn from this? The mainstream likes only two kinds of Republicans. Those who claim to be conservative but vote with the liberals and those Republicans who are dead. I've already commented on how they do this to try and denigrate President Trump and if you can't see that, well, I can't help you. Meanwhile, this man had a family. Many of them chose a life of public service following his lead. The family was important to him. Not as a political ploy, but, as a dad, grandpaw, and one who cared deeply. One of his great-granddaughters, age 5, was quoted as saying, "Well, of course, it’s happening right before Christmas. Gampy had to get to Ganny so they could decorate their Christmas tree."

This time of year causes most of us to remember those who have gone on to their reward, but, they were a part of our Christmases for so many years. I loved watching Granny Mac open a gift. She was always surprised, always appreciative, and always thankful for the gift and the giver. I can hear her sweet voice, "Now y'all didn't have to go and do that." The good thing about it was her genuineness. I revered my Paw Paw Mac and was always thinking about something that he might like. That was tough because he was a man who believed in being satisfied with what he already had. During the Christmas season of 1966, I put a shotgun on layaway for him. He had gotten to where he couldn't see too well and his hearing was pretty well gone too. He loved Granny Mac's fried squirrel with gravy, but, he was being less and less successful at bringing home any game. Therefore, I purchased a bolt action 12 gauge shotgun with a 36" barrel and gave it to him for Christmas. It was actually a gun used to hunt geese. I will never forget his response, "All I need now is their name and address and if I can't hit them, I can reach up in the tree with that barrel and knock them out." He had given so much to me. Not stuff in terms of worldly goods, but, he had shown me by his life example how a man could live in fellowship with God and others. He was able to use that shotgun for several years before he left us for his heavenly home. I have it. It is in my closet. Or, I think that's where it is. I'll have to check and get back to you on that one. Good memories. I thank God for them. Amen.

I have many more where those memories came from. If that is boring to some folks, sorry, but it's my blog and I write mostly from the heart, therefore, these are the kinds of things that fall out. That is, on any given day. What about the bad stuff? I do remember a whole lot of that as well. It's all part of the fabric of life where each of us lives as a fallen person in a fallen world. That fallen stuff often produces memories of pain, suffering, and heartache. However, whether I recognized it at the time or not, I can say unequivocally, that throughout my three score, ten plus years, God has never forsaken me. (That, by the way, is His express promise to those who are His own: "...For He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'" Hebrews 13:5) Speaking of dealing with a fallen world, I received a missed call on my cell phone while I was taking Santa photos with families. The phone number had listed beside it: Newfoundland and Labrador. Hello? When I get a call from a number I do not recognize I always do my best to check it out. I am not in the habit of getting scam calls from Nova Scotia. If you put in the number in quotes into Google, it will typically give you information about it. This one came up right away as a scam call. It may be the first one I've received from outside the US. What do you do next? Block that baby! And, I did just that. I always feel good when I block one of those, even knowing they have thousands of numbers at their disposal to continue their pernicious ways. My advice: Be vigilant and learn how to become a Blocking Master. I think I told you before this is the only game I play on my phone. Have a great rest of the day and don't forget to remember our Great God. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: