Monday, August 6, 2018

"So many of us have powerful memories of our mom’s cooking. Remembering the food our mom cooked or baked transports us back to our childhood and can bring back that love we have felt from our mom." ~ copied from an internet article

Good morning and welcome back. I hope today's edition will find everyone doing well and remembering to thank God for His grace, mercy, and love. It is Monday, August 6, 2018, and, as you can tell, I am back at it. One day last week I brought some leftovers for my lunch here in the office. I typically eat around 11:30 a.m. since I come in early. I had brought a lunch made up of a fried pork chop, mashed potatoes, peas, and cornbread. I warmed it up in the microwave and brought it to my desk. One of the fellows here in the office asked what I had brought for lunch. I told him. He said the smell was fantastic. I thanked him on behalf of the wife who made it for me. He paused for a second and then he said this, "By the way, have you ever been beaten up and had your lunch taken away from you?" See what I have to put up with? I told the wife about it and while she thought it was really funny, she was also pleased by the compliment. Funny how he has never said a word when I heated up one of those Night Hawk dinners. As I have often opined, I am blessed to have put my feet under the tables of many legendary cooks. These Immediately come to mind, my mom, my grandmother, my mother-in-law, and, my wife. Not legendary as far as public recognition, but, legendary to generations who have enjoyed the work of their hands. And, everyone agreed and said, yum! yum! Now I can add my own confirmation, Amen, and Amen!

Today we mark another milestone in our family clan. Our twins, Alesha and Amanda, become 20-year-olds today! No more teens for them. We are proud of these girls who belong to our middle son Jimmy and they, along with older brother Jimmy Jr., and younger brother Alex, are our grandchildren. God has blessed us to have them in our lives. We offer up a prayer for them on this important day in their lives. Father, we ask that Your Spirit would rest upon Alesha and Amanda. That they would be led by Your Spirit with wisdom and understanding. That they would seek Your counsel and that more than anything else, they would live in the knowledge of You and that they would have a reverence for You and Your presence in their lives. In Jesus name, we pray in love, MiMi, and Poppy. Amen. (Thoughts derived from Isaiah Chapter 11)

The older I get it is the more I pray about the spiritual well-being of our large family clan. All the accolades and achievements in this life really amount to nothing if they miss knowing Jesus as their Lord and Savior. If the Bible is true and we know that it is, we all must face the reality of what God has to say. The New Living Translation handles the words of Jesus from Mark 8:36 in this way:  "What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?" This is why we pray for the salvation of our family members from the youngest to the oldest. I remember the testimony of James Dobson as he lay in the emergency room after suffering a heart attack. Early on, he didn't know if he would make it or not. He pulled his son down close to him and said this, "Whatever you do son, be there!" His desire was for his son to be in heaven with him. That is the desire of all believing parents. We are aware that we cannot be saved for our children. They must respond to the Gospel on their own. However, we can live a life of testimony before them. We can also pray for them each day. I close today's visit by reminding myself and all my readers how blessed we have been by God with the family He has given to us. May He be honored in the way we influence them and others. Have a great rest of the day and may God add His blessings to us all. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: