Monday, April 2, 2018

Enough said! Hallelujah! Amen!



Good morning and welcome back to my version of where the rubber meets the road on this back-to-work Monday, April 2, 2018. We had a tremendous Resurrection Day commemoration at our local fellowship of believers and it was a packed house. It's not like that every Sunday, but, it was yesterday. The good news is they came. If that's only on special occasions, then, so be it. They heard the truth about God's provision given to a lost and dying world. That being His one and only Son, our Lord and Savior. We also enjoyed our Resurrection Day family gathering and had a wonderful time of fellowship and feasting in our home. God has been good to us and we thank Him for all His many blessings.

The wife and I were up early Sunday morning getting everything together for the day. I typically get up early anyway but I don't typically engage in the food preparation activities. We worked hard. When it came time to say goodnight last evening, well, I didn't have to be encouraged to go to bed. I even overslept this morning by about 20 minutes. That was a huge surprise to me. But, it's better that way. This means my body was getting the rest it thought it needed. I still made it to my desk by 4:20 a.m. where I am attempting to get the gray cells to cooperate in writing today's episode. They can be very unruly at times. Especially, when they are not on their regular schedule. Come on guys, it's only 20 minutes. Give me a break. Surely, you have something to contribute this morning.

I can remember growing up, mom always made sure we had something new to wear on Resurrection Sunday. We didn't have much, but, she always went out of her way to make us look good on this special day. I remember one year my younger brother and I were given white jackets to wear with our new slacks and new shirts. One of our uncles gave us some lessons in how we should wear our jackets. How to unbutton them when we sit down. The girls typically wore new dresses with hats and gloves. That's right. Yesterday, I did see some ladies in hats. Not many. The wife bought me a new shirt and tie. I didn't ask for a new shirt and tie but I did get them. It did not surprise me in the least when she showed up with a new outfit. This is not my first rodeo. A new shirt and tie for me typically means a new outfit for her. Truth it, she looked great in her new outfit. I didn't need a new shirt and tie to see that. Oh well, we continue our journey. Together. That too is a blessing from the same God who provided for us a home in heaven. I am thankful for His provisions. Have yourself a most wonderful rest of the day Monday. I think I need to go and have a little one on one with the gray cell community. I'll try to make peace with them and get back to you, next time, Lord willing. May He bless us one and all. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: