Thursday, April 5, 2018

Happy 30th Birthday to our Tiffany Marrie, our very first grandchild!

Another great day is dawning here in the neighborhood on this Thursday, April 5, 2018, where I am pausing to thank God on the occasion of the 30th birthday of our very first grandchild, our Tiffany Marrie. When she came along she rocked our world. Having never been one before, I didn't know how to be a granddad, therefore, I made it up as I went. I was still at the big company and it didn't take long for people to see me coming and they would go the other way. "I bet he's got another stack of photos." And, there I was, in my nice office, conducting serious business surrounded by photos of all sizes of this tiny little girl. Now she has a little clone of her own, our great grand, Madelyn Joy, who turned 8 this past January. Madi keeps our memories of her mom growing up in overflow mode. We do thank God for Tiffany and we pray for her, her family, and that He will continue to lead, guide, guard, and direct. Happy Birthday! Our love, MiMi, and Poppy. Amen.

My wife is back out in the yard. Every chance she gets. She would rather be working in the yard than almost anything else. She has the place looking good already. She frets over the rain situation. We got about six inches last week but she still got excited when she heard we had the potential for much more this week. I cautioned her about the warnings issued for hail, wind, and rough weather with the front that was coming in. She said she would take her chances. The graphic above was posted by a beloved friend of ours. He captioned it by saying something about Moses and his staff, making reference to the parting of the Red Sea. Well, we are the dot in the middle and we didn't get the rain or the storm. I've already seen postings from folks who did along with the wind and hail. When I walked out of the house yesterday morning I cringed when I only saw a few scattered wet places. Uh oh. I try to keep her informed about weather-related matters. I gave her the hour by hour forecast before we went to bed Tuesday evening. It said we had a high probability of rain. We didn't get the rain we thought we would get. Somehow, I end up being partly responsible. I suppose it's the proverbial shoot the messenger scenario. At any rate, we also didn't get any hail damage, and we didn't get another tree downed into the top of our house. We should be thankful for that. Right? And, for me, seeing another round of low 50's, well, that's worth the price of admission on any day. Amen.

I know that you know these are some whacked out times that we are living in. Just four days after our commemoration of the Ressurection of our Lord and Savior, George Washington University is hosting an event designed to combat what it calls, 'Christian Privilege'. That program has the objective of helping to overcome the advantages that Christians have in our society over non-Christians. This new offering joins the workshops the university schedules on a regular basis: 'White Privilege'; 'Heterosexual Privilege'; 'Cisgender Privilege'; 'Able-Bodied Privilege'; and 'Socioeconomic Privilege'. (I had not seen the term, Cisgender, and I had to look it up. You might have to do the same.) I also recently read where a college professor required every white student to stand and apologize for the privilege they have received as a result of being white. This was required before they could get their grade. I long for the days when we mostly complained about the teacher's pet privilege. I happen to believe that all people should be treated fairly and with respect. But, making children feel ashamed because of the color of their skin at birth, I think that's the biggest bunch of malarky I ever heard of. That's what children need? A lifetime of guilt over something they had absolutely nothing to do with? This is how I see it. Just me. And, it is my blog. You are more than welcome to form your own opinions. I think that's still a right we have, but, it might be worth checking before we go too far. Take care. See you next time. And, may God add His blessings to our day. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: