Friday, March 3, 2017

“It's not the law of religion nor the principles of morality that define our highways and pathways to God; only by the Grace of God are we led and drawn, to God. It is His grace that conquers a multitude of flaws and in that grace, there is only favor. Favor is not achieved; favor is received.” ― C. JoyBell C., Author

I know what some of you are thinking. It would be nice if I would be a little more specific in where I really stand in my viewpoints and opinions. Just joking. I have been known to go off on a tangent now and then. But I don't want to become a nibbling naysayer with mostly negative views. During the last couple of months our Wednesday evening Bible study has been focused on the subject of God's grace. We've been running down and reading about accounts where grace was demonstrated in the lives of men, women, boys and girls throughout The Scriptures. What a great subject to study! I mention it only because we look at our fallen world with the variety of evil acts seemingly working overtime and we can become jaded in our views. However, as a child of God, made so because of His gift of salvation, I have a reason for rejoicing, every single day, no matter what. Oh yeah, it's also Friday and this one comes to us packaged as March 3, 2017. The wife and I are planning a short road trip tomorrow to visit my mom and dad. Mom continues to make progress but the road is long and it typically has a fair amount of challenges. Yet, God has showed up many times during this process and mom often mentions how she feels the prayers of people interceding on her behalf. That is a reflection of His grace in her life and we give Him thanks. Amen.

I'm thinking about updating one of my frequently used idioms. I often say that I hit the ground running. I may have reached the statute of limitations on that one, especially, the running part. It may not have the same connotation if I say I hit the ground walking, stumbling, or maybe just moving. This is not to say that I am ungrateful for being able to hit the ground, period, given that it indicates I'm still able to get up and go. Now I'm conflicted by the use of the word 'go', but, as long as it doesn't imply more than it should, I will use it, and, I will continue to be thankful for it. I was talking to a lady who works at the convenience store and she was bemoaning how tired and old she was feeling. She is in her mid-thirties. Her husband works at our Company. I looked at her and thought about what she said. Finally, I told her to just wait a while longer, and take it from me, it does get progressively more difficult as one ages. I was thinking about when I was her age. I do believe that was when I was able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. My memory is a little vague but it seems it was something like that.

I was reading some supposedly funny anecdotal stories on one of the message boards the other day. This one popped up and I thought it was hilarious. It was posted by a fellow named Emo Phillips. It may not be funny to everyone and that's okay. ~  I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said "Stop! Don't do it!" "Why shouldn't I?" he said. "Well, there's so much to live for!" "Like what?" "Well... are you religious?" He said yes. I said, "Me too! Are you Christian or Buddhist?" "Christian." "Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant? "Protestant." "Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?" "Baptist" "Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?" "Baptist Church of God!" "Me too! Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you reformed Baptist Church of God?" "Reformed Baptist Church of God!" "Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915?" He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915!" I said, "Die, heretic scum", and pushed him off. ~ It may be a too much of an insider tidbit instead of reaching out to a wider audience, however, I'm still laughing. Just so you know, not lol, or out loud. On that note, I bid you a farewell for now. Enjoy your Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday. I will do my best to be back in my regular place come Monday. May God bless. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: