Thursday, October 20, 2016

“A man who has never gone to school may steal a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

It really is. Thursday. Already? Alrighty! I think it may have slipped up on me but I'll take it. This one is identified as October 20, 2016. I've made it clear that I haven't decided what I will do with my presidential vote this year. While many think that's heresy, it's where I am. However, I do clearly understand Mr. Trump's claims about the system being rigged. It may not be the traditional polling of dead people in the cemetery, although that has always gone on, but, my take says that in general, it's rigged at the very highest of levels. When those who control 80% or more of all media sources pick their choice and then report the news and filter all other forms of coverage based on that choice, well, it turns out to end up guaranteeing an uneven playing field. Rigged. The revelations coming out of these leaked emails should be devastating to the Clinton campaign. They are not. The media cabal has decided since they were obtained illegally they will look the other way. Clinton doesn't say they are not true and the media doesn't say they are not true, but, essentially, they present a 'there's nothing to see here' approach. They haven't acted in that way regarding other leaked information. But, because of their predetermined choice in this election cycle, they have consistently acted to stonewall any negative information concerning the Clintons. Rigged. Back in the day, many elections were determined by the powerful elites operating in smoke-filled rooms. Today we see something slightly different. The political elite, the media elite, and the liberal establishment have joined forces to do what they can to determine the outcome they desire. I can see that. They say it isn't true. They say they are shocked by Mr. Trump's allegations. I would tell them to take their feigned outrage somewhere else. Any thoughtful person can see what's going on. Rigged. Rigged. Rigged.

Just because I at this time do not have a dog in this hunt doesn't mean I can't see exactly what is going on. Let me quickly add, this is not a new situation. There have always been powerful influences on all sides of the political spectrum that have attempted to have it their way in an election. However, this use of the media is so blatant in terms of a capitulation of any iota of journalistic integrity, it makes one want to throw up. Here's an example. The New York Times was gleeful to get their hands on an anonymously leaked portion of Mr. Trump's tax records where he took a huge write off for a business loss. They took that leaked tax information and then attempted to project what it could mean in terms of his later returns. They went to the mat to evaluate and speculate on this leaked documentation. Not so with the continuing saga of Clinton-related emails.  If nothing else, the Clinton emails establish clear collusion between the government, the Clinton campaign, and their media partners. Yet, we do not see any detailed analysis of these leaked documents. Mr. Trump's leaked tax records were deemed to be critical to informing the public. The Clinton emails merited only a yawn. Tell me there's not something rotten in Denmark!

What you have here is another drive-by assessment brought to you by the fellow who beats and bangs the keyboard to produce these daily episodes. It sounds like I am favoring one candidate over the other. I've made it crystal clear that I can not, under any circumstances, vote for Hillary Clinton. However, I am not a Donald Trump supporter. I'm not. I really am conflicted about what I will end up doing. Yet, I can see what's going on. Trust me, there's enough corruption on all sides. But, when you have this unprecedented collusion between all these powerful influences, well, the future begins to be scary. But, I remind us all that it's always scary if we see it without God. He brings the clarity of hope to our vision. As many have said, the day after the election He will still be God and He will still be Sovereign over all things. And, His love for His own will continue. That we can be sure of. That we can base our hopes and dreams on. As I wrote this paragraph a particular couplet from one of the Psalms came to mind, "Do not put your trust in princes, Nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help. His spirit departs, he returns to his earth; In that very day his plans perish. Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the Lord his God, Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them;..." (Psalm 146: Verses 3-6) I think that settles it. In fact, I'm certain that settles it. Take care and may God bless us all and may He especially bless our nation that we love. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: