Friday, September 16, 2016

Wishing our Alexander Benjamin a happy 11th birthday!

Good morning and welcome. It's Friday, or TGIF if you are into that acronym, and this one aligns itself as September 16, 2016. I've had people mention to me how that I sure share a lot about family member birthdays in my blog. That would be an accurate assessment. Today I'm thinking about our grandson, Alexander Benjamin or Alex, who will celebrate his 11th birthday this upcoming Sunday. Alex is a character. He does love his videos and his games. I remember helping to take care of this little guy when he was very young. He doesn't remember that per se but he sure remembers me reminding him about it. Oh well, that's what grandparents do. Or, at least that's one of the things I do. Happy Birthday buddy from your MiMi and Poppy. May God direct your way forward is our prayer. Amen.

I am now 70 years old. Donald Trump was born 2-1/2 months before me, in the same year. Hillary Clinton will be 69 in October of this year. I can't really think of any reason why my medical records would need to be kept secret if there was a national need for people to know. I am diabetic and taking medication as a non-insulin dependent patient. The report from my doctor indicates that my diabetes is well controlled. There are about a dozen pages of results from other tests that have been run on me. My point? These two are in my age bracket and would be expected to show some signs brought on by the aging process, but why in the world is the release of the medical records such a big deal? Unless. And, that's where the unless comes from. It's the appearance of a cover up when there might not even be one. I carry a few more pounds than I should. A cursory observation indicates that both of them most likely have the same issue. It just seems to be a whole lot of dodging about information that could be shared and then move on. I know about privacy, but, it might just be important to have a relatively healthy person as the highest elected official in our nation. You remember what happened to William Henry Harrison? You don't? Look it up. (Hint: He too had pneumonia.)

I feel like I've put in a full week. But, then again, self-evaluation does typically introduce the potential for blind spots. There's also the age factor to consider. Also, feelings can be a poor indicator of truth. Forget what I said. Let me try again. I've completed another week and I am thankful to have done so. Now it is time to move on to the upcoming weekend. We do hope to spend some time with our Alex to recognize his birthday. I typically spend considerable time preparing my Bible study handout on Saturday mornings. And, most importantly, we will, Lord willing, be meeting up with others on the first day of next week, Sunday, to learn more about and to offer our worship of our Great God. I know all of that reeks of routine. It does. It really does. It reminds me of that passage in the New Testament about the earthly family of Jesus of Nazareth. "His parents went to Jerusalem every year at the Feast of the Passover. And when He was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem according to the custom of the feast." (Luke 2:41-42) As it relates to their religious observance, it could be said they were habitually routine. Routine doesn't have to be a rut. Think about that one for a while and I will do my best to catch back up with you come next Monday, (the second day of next week), Lord willing, of course. May God bless each one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: