Thursday, September 22, 2016

I'm saying this for the umpteenth time, hold on, make that the 2400th time!


Today. Yes. Today. It's Thursday, September 22, 2016. A momentous day for me. One that will no doubt live in atrophy.  As far as I know, there will not be any fireworks, confetti, or champagne to mark the occasion. However, it does give me some sense of accomplishment in posting today's episode, the 2400th time that I have hit the publish button and sent it hurling to the regions beyond. Since this is the 50th anniversary year celebrating the TV Series Star Trek, maybe a few of its most recognizable quotes would be appropriate, ... "To boldly go where no man has gone before" ... "I'm 'givin' her all she's got, Captain!" ... "Set phasers to stun" ... "Highly illogical" ... "Beam me up, Scotty" ... and finally, "Live long and prosper". Those have become integrated into everyday conversations and they might well be metaphors for this traversing of the blogosphere that I have been engaged in since my initial launch back on May 9, 2007.

I've actually shared that very first blog several times during this now into my ten-year journey, so I've decided not to copy and paste that first blog in today's edition. However, I did write a thank you when I hit 2000 blogs and having read it again, I thought it was exactly what I wanted to share. I have updated the stats mentioned to reflect the current numbers. Here it is: "I've met some really neat people along the way via their comments. I do have a loyal reader community and I appreciate each and everyone for your patronage and your encouragement. I've never added any advertising or connecting websites, yet, my little blog, spinning out there somewhere on the worldwide web has had nearly 177,000 web views since we started. I sure hope some of what I have shared about the Lord may have ended up in fertile ground because we know that's how He is able to bring forth a harvest. Thanks again for showing up each day and join me in thanking God that we have had this time together. We will see where it all goes from here but know in advance, regardless, I commend us all to God and His love, mercy, and grace. Until next time, may He bless us all. Amen." One last summarized mangled metaphor that might fit this daily effort going forward, "The Blogosphere: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the View From Here. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new stuff, to seek out new things to talk about and new words to communicate, to boldly go where no one has gone before." Or something like that. ...More later.

No comments: